{32} The Walk

"Hey senpai"

Kasamatsu blinked, and then he rubbed his eyes and took a look again. What?! He wasn't just seeing her! That's the actual person!

"M-Mikami?! W-What're you doing here?"

"Um, I uh... oh" she tucked a loose strand of her auburn hair behind her ear trying to think why was she here. For some reason, she felt... nervous?

"Right, um... Kise. Yeah, he went home early and the practices had to end unexpectedly, and... I was looking for you to close the gym"

Kasamatsu narrowed his eyes.

"Eh that idiot Kise... he should've called me before he just bolted out. Moron..."

He stood up placing the guitar in its case and zipped it up close.

"I never thought you to be the music type, senpai"

Ruka smiled and came into the classroom with her hands in her blazer pockets. Kasamatsu hung the guitar on one shoulder and looked up at her with a smirk.

"Heh, but I love music. It's kinda my hobby. C'mon, let's go. It's getting late."

He took his backpack and hung it on the other shoulder and gestured her to follow him as he left the class and into the corridor.

"You sing so well senpai, it's like you mean every word you sing you know... "

The auburn haired girl skipped two steps and fall in step with the steel blue eyed teen who abruptly stopped upon hearing that. Then he collected himself and kept walking, clearing his throat.

"Uh is that so..."

"Yes! And why aren't you in the Rascals? I mean not as a substitute, but as a real member. You sure got the talent"

They were now walking side by side.

"Well, because I'm busy. I can't commit to another club as I do to basketball club, so..." he paused and turned to her. "How do you know I'm in the Rascals as a sub?"

"Eh? That's the hottest gossip around school these days, you know."

Well, that certainly gonna change soon Kasamatsu thought with a slight smirk, remembering what Ryuu said about asking out Shizuka.

"I thought it was just dumb girls gossiping rubbish. Now that I saw you sing and play, you're truly awesome, senpai. Even as a sub, you deserve to be in the band."

"Thanks... oh we're here."

They have reached the gym, and Ruka went inside to retrieve her school bag. Kasamatsu locked the door and put the keys in his pockets after she came back out.

"Soo... uh, senpai I better be going now."

Kasamatsu gave her a look.

"How are you gonna go, exactly?"

"Eh? By feet, obviously."

"Alone?"

"Well, yes"

"I can't let you do that. C'mon I'll walk you home."

He took his tie off and stuffed it in his trouser pocket as he walked toward the school gates, leaving her to gawk.

"Wait Kasamatsu senpai! It's fine, really. Dorms are at the other way; you'll get late walking me home. I can go by myself."

She jogged after him and caught up.

"It's not safe for you to walk along in these streets at this hour."