I snuck out into the dark hallway and slipped over to Brooklyn's door. I pressed my ear to the door and listened.

"I don't know about her," Audrey's voice whispered to them.

"I don't think Eila and I can be friends. Finn clearly likes her. I know she doesn't but I can't be her friend if something's going," she continued. Of course they were talking about me.

"We understand. We won't push you. You can just ignore Eila," Brooklyn reassured. Audrey didn't want to be friends?

"Thank you guys," Audrey said. This was the kindest she'd ever been. The four of them must have been close before I came along.

"We better get some sleep," Aria said. I was about to go back to my room when I realized nobody was coming out. They were all sleeping together in Brooklyn's room. I felt excluded. I pressed my ear to the door again.

"Did you hear what Hunter said today at lunch?" Amara asked them. Hunter? Not him again.

"Yeah. He and Alondra broke up! Hunter claimed that he liked Eila," Brooklyn said excitedly. I glower at the door. He. Does. Not. Like. Me.

"I know! I hope they get together. Maybe Finn will leave her alone after that," Audrey giggled. How dare they talk behind my back? With that I stormed back to my room. Hunter can not like me. It was rumors.

I closed my eyes. Today had been tiring. I leaned back into my sheets and let myself drift off.

The next morning when I awoke I found myself clutching the necklace that Finn gave me in one hand. My fists were white from being fisted up all night. I let my grip loosen. My fingers were sore and I let them slowly relax. My eyes were still closed. They feel glued to my face. I couldn't open them no matter what.

But I had to. I had to open my eyes. I couldn't be late for breakfast again. I forced myself up. My eyes still closed. I saw my pink skin. My eyelids. They were still closed. I sighed and forced them open. Bright light hit my face. I rubbed my tired eyes and checked the time. Six forty. I got up and stretched my legs. I walked into the bathroom and combed out my hair. I was tired of it being up so I simply left it down and part it toward the side. My eyes luckily didn't have bags anymore, but they still had that blank gaze. Empty. No emotion.

I sighed and trudge out the door.

When I made it to the dinner hall, I found that I was five minutes late. Everybody was chattering. As usual, I took my spot and dumped as much food as I could onto my plate. I ate slowly as I buried myself in my own thoughts. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

Not to Brooklyn, Audrey, Amara, or Aria. I hadn't forgiven them for talking behind my back yesterday.

Not Finn. I wasn't not comfortable around him. What did we do last night? He was too nice. I didn't really want to be in a relationship with him. I liked Everest. I was just tired last night. I didn't know what I was doing, and I was too mentally exhausted right now to explain to him that last night was a mistake.

I didn't like this feeling. Despite being in a room full of people, I'd never felt more alone. When the bell rang I didn't even look up. I just robotically stood and left the table. I had class with Evalyn now. I kept my head down as I walked to the classroom. I was surprised that my body had memorized the path there.

When I reached the door I turned the knob and entered. I knew there must people in her, but I didn't see them. I didn't hear them. I was completely zoned out. I just stood there and waited. I waited for something to happen.

"Eila," I voice said bringing me back to reality. I looked up expecting to see Evalyn glaring in front of me. No. It was Hunter. And the most surprising thing was he wasn't glaring. I stared at him. I tried not to flinch when he puts his hand on mine. He is speaking. I saw his lips moving. I didn't know what he was saying. Everything was overwhelmingly silent. I pulled my hand away. The truth was that I was scared. Terrified. Terrified he'd try to kill me again. Terrified Finn wouldn't be there to save me.