𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮: 𝓒𝓻𝔂𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂

✦    

✦     .      ⁺   .⁺   ★    ˚
.  *     ✦     .      ⁺  
★ 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ★
.  ★   ⁺        ⁺           ✦     .      ⁺  
.⁺   ★    ˚  ✦     .      ⁺

----------------

Bakugou was slower this time around as he began his journey towards the playground.
His hands were stuffed into his pockets as he let the wind softly blow through his hair.
Turning into the fence, he saw that the crying girl from the previous nights was no longer inside the slide.

Instead, she sat on the end edge, circled up. She sniffled when she saw him come into view.
Bakugou watched her wipe her face as her eyebrows began to crease at the sight of him.
"Here to hurt me again?" She asked, grabbing hold of the edges of the slide to push herself up if she needed to.
"No!" He barked, quickly stomping over to her to continue their dissension.
"So you're here to just taunt me then?!" Her small fingers squeezed tightly onto the equipment, making her knuckles go white.

"No! I probably didn't even hurt you! You're just being a baby!"
"Oh whatever!"
She stood up, hands tightly clamped. She felt above him, standing on the elevated surface.
"Anybody who resorts to trivial quirk usage in an argument isn't even worth my time!" She shouted to him, her tears from earlier still flowing.
"You were the one that started kicking me!" He yelled back, walking closer and pointing his finger up at her.
"You were the one who watched me cry just to call me a loser!"
"Because it's true!"
"Only a loser explodes someone because he can't handle a little kicking!"

Now up in each other's faces, the two of them were tense and straining their voices from their seemingly endless altercation.
"Only a loser resorts to kicking!" Bakugou continued, "You probably have a weak ass quirk that you're too fucking embarrassed to show!"
She quickly raised her leg and shoved her foot into his face, pushing him down onto the ground.
"I don't have a quirk! And I don't want one!"

Rubbing his face of dirt, Bakugou let out a devious chuckle.
"So you're a crybaby and a quickness nobody? What a combination!"
Her fists shook at his continuous name calling.
"In case you forgot, buddy, when I met you, you were crying like a baby just as much as I was."
He growled at the reminder, but made no effort to get up from the ground.
"Why don't you tell me why you have such a stupid need to ridicule and degrade people you come into contact with. That'd be a story," she laughed, squating down and beginning to crawl back into the slide.

As she situated herself in a stable position she heard him get up and walk, so she assumed he was leaving.
Instead he climbed onto the slide and sat himself at the bottom just as before. Up close, she noticed the mark her shoe had left on his skin.
"You're really quirkless?" He asked, not looking her in the eyes.
"Yeah?"
"No wonder our fight was so pathetic."
"What? Are fights a normal thing for you?"
"Yeah," he replied, raising his head to her, "Im in the U.A hero course."
She rolled her eyes, lowering her legs to crawl further up the slide.
"Of course you are. I could've guessed that. All kids with access to use their quirks think their better than everybody. Dumbass hero-complex."

Bakugou banged his fist on the tube and laughed as she slipped, making a small squeaky noise.
"I am better," he retaliated, "better than you, that's for sure."
She decided to stop encouraging him to add to his own ego and stayed silent as she continued to crawl.
"You can't be quirkless and then claim to be better than me," he told her, getting on his hands and knees to follow her inside the slide.
"Never said I was," she grumbled, "I just know I'm not as fucking delusional as you."
"Delusional?" He scoffed, "how the hell am I delusional?"
"Quotes the boy who said he wasn't crying while crying."

He followed her to the top of the slide where she was beginning to walk along the top of the playground set.
She ran her hands over the metal railing of the main bridge before Bakugou called out to her.
"Hey! Wait!"
Pulling a rather confused face, she turned around and found the two of them standing in the middle of the bridge.
"What?"
"I—I wasn't crying. I was just-"
"Whatever man—" She turned to walk away before he grasped her arm.
"I wasn't—"
"Get off me!"
She slapped his arm, making it fly back. "Don't touch me."

Bakugou stomped his foot.
"Just listen to me! I wasn't here to cry! Not like you!"
"You can deny it all you want, man. I don't really care," she responded, giving a light shrug.
"You-you seriously come here to cry every night?"
Hearing the judgement creep up upon them, she crossed her arms and took a step back.
"Yeah, I do. I'd prefer that you'd stop coming here if you're just going to pick fights with me."

Bakugou bit his tongue, trying to stop himself from lashing out.
"You cry a lot them?" He questioned, his voice becoming softer.
She continued to walk away, nodding, "Yep."
"You don't think that's weak or something?"
"Nope," she popped, putting her hands on the top the blue slide placed on the other side of the bridge.
"Do you think I'm delusional?"

She let out a short, breathy laugh, about to answer with a snarky 'yes' before hearing sniffling behind her.
Turning to see Bakugou's head down, she saw droplets falling at his feet and his hands squeezing tightly at his sides.
Walking toward him, she hesitated as to what to do.
"N-no. I don't."
He continued to cry, his tears pooling below them.
"If you were, you wouldn't be asking—and crying—like a baby."

The two of them sat on the bridge for the rest of the night, letting their soft cries fill the void of empty dialogue.
It wasn't a lonely nor numbing feeling.