Episode 6 part 1

( Yes I skipped Episode 5. I just don't like that episode and that's the reason I have avoided updating until I decided to skip it)

After the misunderstanding with the police, Oliver had to lay low for a while. He and Diggle are currently sparing while I hack into the police deportment and remove all evidence against Oliver, that Detective Lance kept after the trail.

Clanks of metal against metal and the sound of my keypad echoed through the basement as Diggle stumbled to the side.

"Anchor the rear hand, Diggle. Come on." Oliver called out as the sound of metal against Diggle's cheek sounded through the basement.

"Variable acceleration. Most fighters work at the same pace. You switch it up, you throw your opponent off his game" Oliver explained and Diggle groaned.

"That was nice. Where'd you learn that?" Diggle asked letting his hands fall to his sides.

"His name's Yao Fei," Oliver spoke and my lips twitched in a smile. Despite the nonchalant attitude Oliver clearly winced slightly at Yao's name.

"He give you those scars?" Diggle asked it was obvious that he was fishing for information.

"One of them," Oliver replied clearly withholding information, which made Diggle twitch.

"And the others? You know, one of these days you're gonna be straight with me about what really happened on that island." Diggle asked his tone turning into an accusatory tone at the end.

"Absolutely. " Oliver drawled uninterested as he sweeping Diggle's legs from under him.

"But not today." Oliver grinned as Diggle groaned in pain. Oliver walked towards me and made a hand signal.

"Still some pretty sweet moves," Diggle commented and joined Oliver behind me, as I typed onto my computer.

"Yep. Tonight I'm gonna use them on him. Scott Morgan runs water and power in the Glades." Oliver states getting a towel and wrapping it around his neck.

" He jacks up the prices and when people can't pay shuts them down even in the dead of winter," I explain after pulling up his picture and a few articles detailing his acts.

I stand up and walk towards Oliver, grabbing the towel from his neck I quickly wipe his face and throw him a water bottle.

"Which is at least a month away," Diggle states and types a few things on my computer.

"Look at this. These guys started at Keystone 3 years ago, then began moving west, hitting banks along the way. This morning they hit Starling City Trust. Shot an off-duty cop. He's in a coma and the doctors are saying it's a coin toss whether he'll make it." Diggle said pulling up an article.

"If he's a cop, SCPD will be all over it." Oliver dismisses, and Diggle raises an eyebrow. "Overwhelmed? Underfunded? Listen, these guys don't hit one time. They hit 2 or 3 banks per city, which means right now they're planning their next job." Diggle tells Oliver while pacing the basement.

"I think you have the wrong impression of what it is we do." Oliver states and Diggle raises an eyebrow.

"You take out bad guys with a bow and arrow and she makes sure you don't die" Diggle states and I snort.

" I should get an award for that" I states and Oliver sends me a small glare.

"I don't fight street crime. That's a symptom of what's wrong with this city. I'm trying to cure the disease." Oliver states disdain clear in his voice.

"CEOs and crooked entrepreneurs. I get it. Listen, Oliver, I'm just saying, maybe you can make a difference if you think beyond the scope of those pages. I'm sure your father wouldn't mind. " Diggle countered and Oliver stood up.

"No, you don't get it. My father died so that we could live. Live and make a difference by fixing the city that he and the people in this book ruined. Every name that I cross off this list honors that sacrifice." Oliver seethed.

" There's more than one way to save this city," Diggle states.

"Not for me," Oliver said, his voice carrying a tone of authority that usually stays hidden.

"Crime happens in this city every day, Diggle we can't stop all of it" I state and Diggle turns to me.

"It sounds like you two have a narrow definition of being a hero," Diggle replies storming out of the room and Oliver sits back down.

"We are not heroes" He states and his eyes meet mine.

I was cowering against the wall of the cave while Olive was laying down near the fire. I watched silently as he tore a page from Dad's notebook and placed it in the fire.

Suddenly as if on fire Olive jumps back and onto his feet. I reflectively jump up and push myself deeper into the wall.

" Dad" Oliver calls out and I blink. Ice rushes through my veins as Oliver looks confused at an empty area.

" Oliver" I whisper and even as it echos back to me Oliver doesn't move.

"I mean, haven't you noticed she's been acting a little down lately? What am I saying? Of course, you haven't. " Thea rolled her eyes.

"Well, who are you to judge? Since when do you pay attention to how mom's feeling?" I counter and Thea rolls her eyes.

" Since our stepfather suddenly decided to take a business trip halfway across the world," Thea responded leading us down the stairs.

" I think when someone at Walter's pay grade takes a business trip, it's always sudden, Thea. I wouldn't worry. " Oliver said as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Ah, guess who I just hung up with. Janice Bowen. Carter's mother. " Mom said walking into the main hall. Sensing Olivers and I's confused look she continued.

"Carter's mother." She said and my eyes widened.

" That hot guy that was in the debate team," I say and Oliver turns sharply towards me.

"Carter Bowen. The perfect son." Oliver said sarcastically while giving me the stink eye.

"Is he perfect?" Mom asks and I giggle.

"According to you mom," I say and she raises an eyebrow.

"Carter Bowen just won the national chess championship. Carter Bowen is anchoring the debate team." Oliver exclaimed fakely and I laughed along with Thea.

"I'm sure I didn't make that big of a fuss," Mom said and the three off us shared a look.

"Oliver, Carter just got accepted into Harvard and Princeton," Thea said with a fake accent.

"Well, that's because Carter got a perfect score on his SATs." Oliver said with the same accent.

" Now, how did he manage to study and cure cancer?" I said with an accented posh voice and we all laughed.

"All right, all right, all right. I get it. I get it. Well, they're coming for brunch and I expect you to be there." Mom said and I looked at Oliver. We usually spend our mornings in the club, but I am interested in how things turned out for Carter.

Oliver caught my look and shook his head and with a nod, I turned to mom.

"I have plans." Oliver said and I took a step closer to him.

" Oliver and I would be gone all morning" I continue and mom looks smug.

"That's fine. Brunch is tomorrow. " Mom states and my left eye twitches.

"Hmm. Inches from a clean getaway." Thea teases and I roll my eyes

"Well, you, too, Thea." Mom states and Thea suddenly pouts.

"Snap." Oliver states ad I groan.

" Nobody says that anymore." Thea counters and walks towards the door.

" What? Mom. I can't actually go." Oliver tries again.

" I haven't seen the Bowens in years. So whatever it is that you have planned, I'm sure the three of you can make the sacrifice just this once." Mom explains with a no-nonsense tone.

"We'll be there," I say and mom turns on her heel and goes upstairs.