3 // welcome to your destiny

"Now, before you come to any conclusions, I'm only here so I won't die," as soon as he hears my voice he begins to imitate me, using his hand as some sort of puppet. Swinging his hands. "Stop that!" I attempt to hit him through the bars, somehow slapping myself in the process. The boy sits cross legged against a wall, using a rock to carve patterns into the other wall. He stops to glare at me. I look over to Veronica, she gives me a thumbs up. She quickly begins to run circles around the bull, until chasing it off, creating a diversion in other words.

"By the way, what's your name.." I ask, turning my attention back to the boy.

"I'm not telling you anything,"

Seriously?

What a little, selfish, stupid, arrogant... idiot! Stomping my boot into the dirt ground I stop to give Xander a side glare. He discreetly returns the look, not stopping me as I begin to storm off.

"Wait..." I slowly turn around, my body turning first then my head. I raise my eyebrows in a questioning manner. I watch as his left eye twitches, he gets up from his spot against the wall. The way he moves is strange, i hastily look down at him, his feet coloured a black colour from the dirt. He should really get some shoes. "Which hand is your strongest," he murmurs, I smile at this. He isn't saying a stupid comment. But at the same time he is...

Slowly walking backwards I walk over to him, keeling my distance but close enough so I can hear him. "I'm not sure? That's a weird question..." I inspect my hands trying to understand what he just said.

"Just!" He quickly calms down, "Tell me..." I can tell he's trying to control himself. His face telling me the message clear enough. I let out a strangled huff. Well, I suppose that my left would be? Since I write with it.

"My left," I answer. He nods, taking out his hand I grow confused as to what it is he wants. I give him a look and a sense of clarity washes over his features, "Give me your hand," he somehow manages to make out through his angry breathing at my stupidity.

"Weirdo..." I murmur, he catches my comment but let's it slide. Why's he so uptight? I think about this for some time, before I feel him grasp hold of my hand. I jump a little at the sudden contact of our skin.

"Xander..." I hear him whisper.

"Sorry what?" I say, tearing my attention away from our linked hands. My eyes glance up to meet his. Control you hormones, Emlen.

"My name, it's Xander." He looks away briefly, it's as if his eyes are shielded by a barrier. It's so hard to see what he's thinking.

I smile, "That's a nice name..." I say, my manners returning to me. Xander doesn't smile back, he continues to study my hand. After holding it for some time he drops my hand, his mouth trying to form words but failing.

"Emlen," I finish for him. "Yeah...Emelly," he says, cringe.

"I need you to repeat after me," he explains to me as if I'm a two year old. I nod my head slowly, not really listening.

"Sure." I say flatly, matching his attitude. He grins smugly, wow, another mood change.

"Fire of heaven, flames of mars, burn thy enemy and do not be scarce."

"Now that's only in our language, when it's in the ancient language, it'd be ten times more powerful." Xander begins to tell me. He releases my hand, tilting his head towards the bars he motions for me to break them.

"I could use my fire but this cell has a spell over it so I'm extremely weak," he explains to me.

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down," I try to stop him from blabbering on about fire and magic and whatever else he's said.

When he glares at me I begin to obey his request. This is so weird, I can't wait till I wake up from this dream and tell Andy and Scott, Rubbing my palms together I get myself into the dragon ball z pose, the one Goku does when he has to fight his super strong enemy's. Getting ready to shout 'kame hame ha' I slip when the loud footsteps bang throughout the large chambers.

I'm frozen in place, "What do I do!" I shout to Xander. His face grows red, he bawls his hands into fists.

"What i told you to do!" He shouts back to me, fury clear in his posture.
Is this guy for real? I let out a loud laugh at his remark, when he gives me another glare I stop.

Well, I don't want to die.

"Fire of heaven..." he nods his head for me to go on, "Flames of mars, burn thy enemy and do not be scarce..." I push onto the bars.

I gasp when the air around me shifts, I feel my heart beating faster and faster as my hands begin to heat up. Before I know it the bars are burning under my touch! They're melting! Never have I experienced a feeling so powerful and just, indescribable.

My hair is flowing all over the place, my pulse is racing. I raise my hands up till there in view, fire is blazing out if them, shooting in all different directions. Is this real? I feel like one of those superheroes. Strong, and for once, in control.

"I-I....Oh my god!" Xander frowns at me, I'm smiling from ear to ear and he's over there sulking.

"Keep going," he demands when I move my hands away.

When the bars are me melted he begins to step out of the cell.
"Okay, now get out of my way," he shoves me to the side, pushing me down to the ground he steps out of the cell. Straightening his posture he takes a deep breath. He towers over me, making me feel extremely small and weak. Losing my feeling of being a hero.

"What the hell? I just saved you and your throwing me to the ground?" I stammer in anger. His eyes shift, "You were in my way? What was I suppose to do?" He puffs his chest, acting innocent in the situation.

A deep scowl takes over my features, he tries to hide a smile and goes to walk away. I quickly pull myself up from the ground and go to follow him.

"Hurry up!" He booms at me. I'm surprised he isn't running away.

"Shut up!" I shout, He turns around, "That thing will kill us!" I half whisper half shout.
He tilts his head to the side at my remark, clearly amused.

"No...it won't." He says as if it's obvious. He seems really comfortable walking around the dark halls whilst I'm holding myself together and shivering every few seconds.

I've had enough, I'm scared and cold and just really pissed off. Most of all, confused as to how I just shot fire out of my hands.

"Veronica!" I call loudly, I've had enough of this guy. Xanders ears twitch, he pushes his hands over his them and winces.

"Stupid human! Will you quit it!" He jerks a finger in my direction.

"I want...Veronica." I whine like a child.

"Oh yeah!" He steps closer to me, "What the hell am I suppose to do about it!" He spits at me. I'm at a loss for words, I really don't know.

"Well I'll go and find her, then!" I turn on my heels and stalk towards the other end, reaching the stairs I run up them quickly until I'm half way up. I look down, there are several levels going down. Stairs in every direction, it's like a circle.

"Where are you going?" He shouts to me. "Don't think you can get away from me that easily!" He begins to run after me, this is just great.

Not only is there a crazy animal or something running around, now I have a crazy fox man chasing me! Xander slips on a step, his chin smacking the rough surface. I stop to look back and end up bursting out laughing, when I look back he's storming back up the stairs, an Infuriated look imprinted on his face.

Xander stops running, his eyes slightly widen. "What is it?" I turn my head and am faced with the crazy guy with green eyes and curly hair, Ezra.

"Your coming with me," before I can even let out a breath he runs up to me at super speed and sweeps me into his arms.

___________________

When you try your best but you don't succeed...