5 // Confusions and comparisons

Slamming my bedroom door shut I feel a wave of tears coming on. After slamming my head against the wall several times I allow myself to cry, no one's here to whiteness my little meltdown... So it should be fine.

I begin to uncontrollably sob when I hear her voice.

"Emlen!" Phoebe calls for me in a high pitched tone, I can hear the evil seeping through.

Peering up to look outside my window I gasp at the sight of a red convertible, it's Aiden's car. "No, no, no, no," I roughly shove my pillow in my face to stop myself from crying. I manage to calm myself down, looking over my shoulder I stare at the time with desperate eyes.

Only five more hours, five more hours till dad gets home.

Why does Phoebe always have to bring her friends over? And of all the days, it had to be my birthday.
Someone begins to slowly stalk up the stairs, I jump under my covers at the sound. My door swings open slowly, allowing the sound of loud techno music with way too much bass to slowly make it's way into my room. I don't dare to look up at whoever has just entered my room, I'm too scared and I don't want to risk it. Maybe if I pretend to be asleep they'll go away?

The person doesn't go away, they begin to rummage through my draws, shortly after that I hear a loud smack and a groan followed after. It's a guy, and he's drunk. He murmurs something along the lines of either "god damn chair," or "god damn hair". He move to my bedside table, my body stiffens. Biting down on my hand I attempt to stifle a cry. My bed dips, the boy softly pulls my hair out of my face. I instantly relax my face so It looks like I'm sleeping, he continues to stroke my hair. When his other hand begins to go down to my hips I react. Snapping out of my act I push myself up.

Aiden, the boy, is obviously startled. Don't tell me he believed my dumb ass sister when she said I actually wanted to get -- cringe -- laid. I don't even want to imagine what she looks like downstairs. "What--what do you want..." I say it as more of a statement. My room is only lit by the moonlight, the small amount of light making Aiden look gorgeous. Shame he's a seventeen year old, idiotic boy. His blue eyes are quite hazy, I can tell he's trying to speak but by the way he's swaying, he's had far too much to drink.

"Hey?" He catches me off guard by saying, "how old are you?" He slurs with a shrug, I don't want to answer but when he grabs my shoulder roughly I can't help but let out a cry. I realise he's only trying to stable himself, "I just turned fourteen today," I shrug out of his grip. He still looks at me blankly, until the words process in his mind.

"Woah! But-you look just like Phoebe?" He swings his beer bottle around like it's a toy, I grow irritated at his response. "Well, we are sisters," I say with venom, annoyed at his drunken state, I attempt to get up when he pushes me back into my corner of the bed.

Aiden casts his eyes downwards, his arms resting on my shoulders. I swallow rather loudly, "Phoebe broke up with me, again," I look over near the doorway of my bedroom, praying someone will appear to save me from this lunatic. "I'm sorry," I try to show empathy but what did he expect when he dated Phoebe? She had a new boyfriend every month.

"And...You know what!" He begins to raise his voice, he stumbles up off my bed to stand over near my study table. He steps out of the moonlight, I have to squint to see him now, "I'm pissed." Fear takes over my body, he's angry, and by the way he's looking at me I know I need to run, and run fast. "I'll go get her for you, here," I manage to get up put of my bed without getting pushed down again. Rushing over to my door I gasp when Aiden pushes it shut, "don't even...bother," he slurs, forcefully kissing my neck.

No, I won't allow this to happen.

Raising my knee I brutally kick him in his spot that he'd probaby rather not be kicked, as he stumbles backwards I fly down the stairs at an alarming speed. When I reach the bottom I frantically search for glowing locks of blonde hair. I don't see her. Aiden manages to catch up to me, his movements are sloppy as he wraps his hands around my waist. "Help me! Somebody please!" Aiden doesn't stop harassing me. The drunken teens stop to look at me for a second, before shrugging it off and continuing to doing whatever they're doing.