1.5 // the day of my sixteen birthday pt 2

It's almost 9:50 when I realize my phones missing.

It's gone.

I can't find it, anywhere.

And I'm freaking out, I've lifted every item off the floors and then checked under it. Ive even called it on my dads phone, but I didn't hear it ring.

"Dad, have you seen my phone?" I call out to him, hoping to get an answer.

When I receive no reply I rush down stairs only to be faced with a snoring dad, droll running down his face.

Classy.

Rolling my eyes to the side I walk over to the kitchen table and rest my elbow on it. Placing a hand to my forehead I let out a loud sigh, it's going to be 10:35 soon, the exact time I was born.

And every year I sang happy birthday I myself and talked to Scott on the phone plus i just really need my phone and i wont be able to sleep at all if its not next to me...so I really want my phone!

Thinking for a while where I could oh left it it finally hits me.... The library!

Racing over to my dad I try to wake him but fail, not even a tornado could wake him.

Well he's asleep... I could call Andy...

Grabbing the home phone I quickly dial Andy number, the phone rings two times before he answers.

"Andy!" I shout loudly, trying to wake him...if he's asleep.

A loud thud sounds through the phone, I place my hand over my mouth to stop a laugh from escaping. He yawns once and I know he was sleeping, "Hey, Andy. I need you to pick me up and take me to the library, I dropped my phone when I fell." I quickly tell him.

He mumbles a word which I'm guessing is 'hell no' but I proceed to bug him until I receive the answer I want.

"Andy, it's my birthday." I say slowly with no emotion.

He groans and wails for a while before I hear him opening and shutting doors.
"Why are you sleeping anyways? It's so early?" I ask noisily.
He groans, again, "Oh would you shut up...ill be there in ten," he says trying to add some sort of excitement.

I jump with glee and place the phone back. Quickly rushing upstairs to get my shoes and a jacket I run back down. He arrives in the driveway, I lock the front door but keep the back open so I can get back in.

When I jump into the car I look over to Andy, he has his face planted into the steering wheel as he continuously makes weird sleeping noises.

As I turn the radio up really loud he jumps up and somehow manages to hit the roof of the car, I let out a loud laugh, Andy just glares at me whilst rubbing his head with a dull look on his face.

"You ready?" I ask, earning a slow nod from him.

He begins to drive, the car ride is filled with a comfortable silence as I don't want to break his concentration.

***

When we arrive at the library a bad thunder storm begins, I jump out as fast as I can, throw the doors open and rush to the elevator. I blush when my Boss, Mrs Hopkins, steps into the elevator.

She was close friends with my mother so she's sort of nice to me, but she's so strict and tough it hurts. She walks with a straight posture, she wears her sleek black hair in a tight ponytail, no kinks or hairs sticking out of place.

"Emlen," she acknowledges me with a stem nod.

"You've been doing very good on your reviews," she tells me, I turn my body to face hers, clapping my hands together I smile up at her. I'm about to say something when the doors click open.

She rarely gives complements so I wanted to savor the moment and ask if it's true but now she's strutting off in a different direction.

Jogging over to table where I fell I search for my phone. I frown when it's no where on the floor.

"Emlen?" I turn around, the lady that works on the returns desk, Cindy, gestures for me to come over.

I walk over to her in anticipation hoping she has what I'm looking for.

She searches around in a draw until she pulls out my phone, I clasp it in my hands and hug it to my cheek. Cindy laughs at my infatuation towards my phone.
"Thank you so much! I've been looking everywhere honestly you have no idea!" I gush to her, she smiles at me.

I wince when a stuck of lightning hits what looks like right next to the library.

"Well, I couldn't leave it lying on the floor-" she stops in her sentence when the light's flicker off, all of them. It's a blackout!

Cindy gasps from where she stands, "Emlen! Dear, are you okay?" She asks with a concerned tone. I feel her hand reach out to me, "Yes I'm okay," I reply.

"Wait, I'll go turn the power back on," I assure her as I turn on the flash light on my phone. Pushing myself off the ground I rush to the stairs, assuring a few people I'm fixing the problem on the way up to the maintenance room. Rushing up the many flight's of stairs I gaps for air when I reach the top.

A green door comes into view, 'staff only' it reads. The door is quite old, the green paint peeling off towards the bottom of the door and near the top too. When I reach for the door handle I jerk my hand back and grimace when I feel I feel lots of dust.

Wiping my hands on my pyjama pants I proceed opening the door. Once I enter I walk over to the power box. Just as I'm about to open it and see what's wrong I stop to examine the room, I squint my eyes and notice a large book shelve with either damaged or broken books placed in the corner of the room. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, pulling out quickly I see a reminder that it's 10:35, the exact time I was born. Suddenly, I hear something crash to the floor, once that happens all the lights magically turn on.

Tap here to start writing my phone vibrate in my pocket, pulling it out quickly I see an alarm telling me it's 10:35, the exact time I was born.

I freeze up, "If there's a ghost behind me or something just know...it's my birthday?"

I'm extremely relieved when there's no one behind me...however there is a book that somehow landed on the ground. Bending down to pick it up I pull back when I feel an electric shock making me jump away quickly.

Stupid book...

Touching the book again I'm relieved when the same problem doesn't happen, Turning it over to the front cover I cough when a wave of dust comes off the book.

"This thing is ancient.." I scrunch up my nose, observing the book.

"The legend of the seven crystals..." I read aloud.

Sound like something that I would be forced to read in English class...

I chuckle at my remark, Sitting down on the floor I open the book to the very last page.
My eyebrows knit together in confusion when I notice the pages are blank...
I open to the middle of the book, same thing, nothing but blank pages.
However when I open to the very first page... There's gold cursive writing.

The page reads; "Beware, this book contains high magical powers, read at your own risk..."

A grin slowly makes it's way onto my face.

"Well, isn't that tempting...." I murmur to myself.

And then, I flip the page....

________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED....
MUAHAHAHAHAHAH

ahah the photo is Emlen & Scott... Yes Scott is Luke Hemmings cuz 5sos is cool...

Andy is Andrew Garfield by the way :D

So yeah lol bye