Chapter 2

It's night when I walk out on the street. I'm looking for A nice place to get a drink when I see a lot of people in a garden of a house. Now that I look at it, it's like a courtyard. Music is blasting hard and everyone is drinking and dancing. I decide to join them, getting a drink at the bar.

It's not hard to find a nice group of people to party with. It's about midnight when suddenly I hear a scream. I look around, and I see multiple people kissing others in the neck. Or.. biting? I see blood dripping from their neck and mouth. I panic and run to the exit. before I reach it though, someone pulls me back by me hair and pushes turns me around. "No! Let me go!" I scream. "Where are you going, pretty lady." The guy whispers in my ear. I see his eyes change and.. fangs in his mouth? I scream as he tightens his grip around my arm. I try to struggle but it's no use. His face moves closer to my neck and I feel a Sharp pain in my neck. "No, no stop" I mumble before slowly losing consciousness. Right before I black out I hear a voice, and feel the guy being thrown away from me. "Not her!" I hear him say. The voice sounds familiar. I fall on the floor and feel someone picking me off the floor again carefully. "Veronica? Can you hear me? "One voice says. "She's lost a lot of blood Elijah. Just let her die, nobody cares about her. "Another voice says. "Didn't you tell me yesterday you liked her because she's different, Niklaus? She did understand your painting."  After that my world turns black.

I wake up to a weird metal like taste in my mouth. I open my eyes and see that I'm in a bed. I jump to my feet and wipe my mouth. I look at my hand and see blood. It's then that I remember what happened. My eyes widen as I look for the door. I run towards it when suddenly a figure stands before me. Scared, I jump backwards. "No, please don't kill me!" I say afraid. I look at his face and it looks familiar. "Do I know you?" I ask. "My name is Elijah. Don't be afraid, you won't be harmed." He has a charming smile. "I'm sorry but my neck. I.. I.. Someone bit me.. or I don't know. There was blood and.." I keep rambling. Elijah puts his hand on my face and looks me in the eye. "Calm down. You are safe. You were fell down and hit your head. You lost consciousness and I carried you to my home." He says. I look at him weirdly. "No. Soms freaking dude bit my neck. What the hell are you talking about. Are you trying to mock me?" I say irritated. Elijah looks at me surprised and without saying anything he walks out of  the room, locking the door and walking away.

I wake up again because of the sound of the door unlocking. I jump out of bed. Damn it, I must've fallen asleep. It was still dark when he suddenly left me alone. The door opens and I  recognize Klaus. He speeds through the room faster then I can follow. Before I know it, his right handare is on my throat and his left arm is pushing me against the wall. I wince. "What do you know. Why do you take vervain? Who do you work for?" Klaus says. His tone sounds threathening. "I was bitten by some lunatic, then you locked me up here. I'm quite done with the both of you. What the fuck is vervain?" I respond irritated. Klaus pushes harder against my throat. I cough and wince. Should've shut your big mouth Veronica, I think to myself. "Niklaus. Let the girl go. She obviously doesn't know anything. Sophie Deveraux must have put vervain in her drink to spite us." Elijah says as he walks into the room. Klaus sighs irritated and lets me go. I cough and take a few steps away from him. "She did give me a special home made tea blend. maybe your stupid herb is in there?" I sniff at Klaus. He smirks. "Quite the temper you've got there love. It would be sad if it caused you to end up dead somewhere in a back alley." He says threathening. "Stop it, both of you. The girl will stay here untill the vervain is out of her system. Then we'll compell her to forget. You, brother, will leave her alone. Do you understand?" Klaus sighs. "Fine. Have it your way." He responds, before walking of. "What does Compelling mean? Please explain it to me Elijah. If you're keeping me as a prisoner I deserve to know why." I say while looking at him. He sighs and then smiles with his usual charm. "Fine. And you"re not a prisoner, Veronica. You can walk freely through the house. You just can't leave untill I say so." Elijah responds. He then explains a lot to me about vampires and the current situation in New Orleans, and about his family history.