seven

Matt immediately found me after trying to sneak away from him.

I sure wasn't prepared for what he was going to say, though there was no choice but to help someone else. Matt had his grasp on me, on my shoulder, as he took me behind the bar and in the working room. I have never been in this side of the club, believe it or not.

"Felix told me that you stopped your shift for some girl to hook up with? Are you sick?!" His breath fogged over my nostrils and I could tell that he had been drinking.

I shook my head in my defense. "Not hook up. She's a friend of mine and she made her way to the ladies' room."

Though I could understand where he was getting at. I've seen guys here trick drunken girls to hook up, actually raping them instead. It sort of amused me how he thought I would do such an awful thing.

"Look I'll get more shifts later on, I don't care. My friend at the moment is seriously drunk and she is about to drive home." I pushed his large hands away from me, since they were aiming up at my neck. I gave him a look of disgust, rather than in a confident manner.

"You're lucky I'm letting you off the hook this time, Styles. Seriously, drive her home and leave. I want you out of my sight tonight." Matt didn't pause in spitting at my face as he let me go.

"Yeah, wouldn't like that." I aimed my sarcasm at him before walking back to where Maria was headed. A deep sigh fell from my lips, the stress I just put on myself shooting through the roof. Fucking cheapskate. He knew as a manager of the club to not drink, for it scared all of the employees and the customers. There was no excuse to that.

My eyes lit up when I saw Maria stagger from the bathroom, pressing her hand on the wall to end her spins. Her head hung low, and it looked like she was the only person staying still while the people on the dance floor moved to the loud music. The sight was painful to let me see, and I didn't want it to go worse.

I forced my nervous self to walk over to her and lean my head down, catching her dilated pupils grow as she saw me. I wasn't sure of myself if she even recognized me at this point, but I had to make sure that she knew I was here for her now. "Hey," I laid a hand on her arm lightly. "Let me take you home, okay?"

Maria blinked a couple times as her lips formed a straight line. "Y-yeah okay." She agreed to my offer without any emotion shown on her pretty face.

"Alright." I helped walk her to my car with my hand on her hip, supporting her the whole time.

I was there when she almost fell backwards. I was literally scared for how much she's been drinking. "Careful, almost there." I reassured her and opened the car door for her. Once she got in, I sat in the driver's seat and started the car. I reached in the backseat for a paper bag and grabbed onto one. It almost made me laugh by the way she reacted when I gave her the bag. "In case you feel sick again," I told her. "I'll stop the car when you ask me to, yeah?" I didn't expect a response so I began to drive back to her apartment complex.

I guess you could say that she and I survived an insane drive back home. I had to stop the car several times to let her throw up in her bags, (yes, I said bags) hoping that she'd feel much better when we arrived.

When I opened the front door, she ran to the couch to lie there sickly. I frowned at her state, wanting to help her in any way I could. And I did so by getting a glass of water for both of us and oranges to eat. Maria slowly sat up on the couch with the most tired expression written in her face; though I can still read the sadness she kept in her eyes ever since I gave her more vodka.

I sat beside her as we ate and drank, the silence making me progressively impatient for one of us to say a word. I ate a piece of my orange and soon regretted it since the distinct sour taste filled in my mouth. I didn't even get a second thought as I let the piece fly out of my mouth and land on her floor. "What the hell-"

"Did.. did you just spit your orange onto the floor?" She spoke clearly as she sent me a shocked expression.

I could honestly say that her face was gorgeous in whatever expression she pulled.

"Erm yeah, sorry." I picked the orange up with a napkin and put it away. "It was a bad orange."

"You're cleaning that up." She laughed and ate her fresh orange in peace. I gave myself a minute to glance at her as she began to sober up. She made comments here and there and I smiled; she still was the same beautiful person, who just had some trouble today.

"Can you tell me what happened to you earlier in the club?" I turned my body towards her. I made sure to keep my voice soft.

"There's nothing to tell, really."

I pursed my lips, defending her argument. "You were mumbling stuff in the car, but I couldn't hear you. If it's something serious, I'll make sure to help take care of the situation."

She wanted to stall time, I could tell. Her leg lightly bounced up and down as she sat. "But what about Cherry..? It's a long story.."

I had to glance down at the mention of my daughter's name. I didn't want to leave Cherry in the first place, but she would sleep til noon so I had enough time. "She's with Mrs. Williams. I'll take care of her in the morning, but as of this moment.. I've got time for you."

Author's Note:

This was literally an update after 3 months, and I apologize!

School is busy, along with getting my SAT's taken care of and my college applications. After all that is settled, I'll hopefully post alot more on my other books. BUt even with the other books I'll be on a little break. I'll come back to writing whenever I can. (I'm supposed to be working on my english homework rn but shhHHh)

I hope you guys have a fantastic new year and please vote and comment! What do you want to see with Maria and Harry?

Thank you ily.

-Camille