"Isn't that pessimistic?" Y/n asked.

"I don't think there's anything in this world not worth caring about. You have a small voice in your heart, Kanao, but its important to abide by orders too" Tanjiro pondered. "Can I borrow that?" he asked and pointed at the coin.

"Um... sure..."

"Thanks!" Tanjiro chirped and snatched it, moving to the grass area. "I'll settle it through a flip!"

"Settle what?" Kanao asked.

"Whether or not from now on you'll listen to your own heart!"

"Oh! That's such a good idea!!" Y/n exclaimed and jumped up, running towards Tanjiro. He forcefully flipped the coin into the air. It rocketed into the air, whooshing up into the sky and turning quickly. Kanao just watched in shock.

"Wait! We need to call it! Heads!" Y/n screamed. "Heads means you live how you want!"

"Uwah, I flipped it too high!" Tanjiro panicked. "Where is it, where is it? Where'd it go?" he reached a hand out. "Got it!" he informed as the coin fell in it. He hurriedly made his way over to Kanao, Y/n at his tail. The 2 watched intently as Tanjiro revealed the coin to be...

...heads.

"It's heeeeads!!" Tanjiro screamed and jumped into the air triumphantly.

"Whoo-hoo!!" Y/n cheered and fist-pumped.

"Good luck!! People are driven by their hears so your heart can grow stronger than ever!!" Tanjiro took her hands in his. Y/n could feel a pang of jealousy in his chest, but he brushed it off. "We'll see you again!" Tanjiro waved goodbye and ran off. Y/n quickly followed.

"Why was it heads?!" Kanao asked, hesitant to believe him.

"Chance!" Tanjiro smiled. "Besides, if it were tails, I would've flipped it until it landed on heads! Stay healthy!" he trotted off, leaving Kanao alone in stunned silence.

--

After everyone said their goodbyes, the group finally left. Mordecai entrusted them with Zenitsu's life, threatening them, very graphically depicting what would happen to them if the blonde were to die. Turns out the brunette wanted to go solo for a bit and that he was very, very  dangerous. The group stood in front of a train, waving Mordecai goodbye as his train sped off into the horizon. 

"Eeeh?!" Zenitsu wailed. "We have no orders?! We should've stayed with Shinobu!"

"No, our treatment's done and we've been cooped up in the same place for a month" Tanjiro dismissed the idea, silently taking Zenitsu's punches.

"We didn't have to leave!"

"Well... It's easier to make a move for when we do get orders..."

"Idiots..." Y/n sighed in frustration and massaged his temples.

"Hey! Hey!!" Inosuke barked. "What is this creature?!"

"I don't know" Y/n mused and folded his arms in front of him.

"The thing is the master of the land! It controls the land! There's no mistaking its length and intimidating aura! It may be sleeping now, but don't let your guard down!" Inosuke hissed.

"No. It's a steam engine" Zenitsu explained.

"Shush!" Inosuke ordered. "Calm down! I'll attack it!"

"It could be the guardian spirit" Tanjiro proposed. "It may not be a good idea to attack it"

"No. I'm telling you it's a steam engine. Do you know what that is? It's a vehicle that carries people" Zenitsu explained blankly.