VI

Two young boys roamed around the town, one with an obvious scar in his forehead and the other with piercing e/c eyes. Y/n listened into the conversations everyone was having, as most of them had something to do with the disappearances. Most of them went along the lines of 'poor Kazumi-san...' or 'after nightfall, a girl gets snatched...'. A dazed man strolled down the streets, stumbling every now and then. He looked as if he'd been beaten to a pulp. Y/n tugged on Tanjiro's haori, signalling towards who he assumed was Kazumi.

"Kazumi-san!" Tanjiro exclaimed, earning himself a look of horror from Y/n, who didn't expect him to be so barbaric and start talking to someone he didn't know. "I would like to ask you a few questions!"

After a quick interrogation, Kazumi-san lead them to where he claimed his fiancé was taken. Y/n started listening carefully for any demon sounds or odd footsteps, and he did manage to pick up a sound. Tanjiro appeared to have smelled something too. Y/n perked up suddenly, Tanjiro did the same. 

"Tanjiro! We need to move out!" Y/n hollered and started running down the dirt road towards the violent demon sound, using the buildings and fences to his advantage. The two unsheathed their swords, looking around as to where the demon could be. After a couple of seconds that seemed to have stretched on for hours, Tanjiro finally picked up the strongest scent and stabbed his katana into the ground, revealing a black pool and a girl in it. Y/n grabbed the girl and leapt away, handing her to Kazumi-san. While Tanjiro discussed with the demons, the e/c eyed boy started thinking of a plan. He can hear more than one demon sound, meaning that there were more than one demon. However, they didn't usually travel in packs, so it must be one demon split into 3. A gross sound of grinding interrupted Y/n, forcing him to cover his ears. He turned around to see that the demon had sunk into the ground. 

As Tanjiro thought of his next move, 3 demons emerged from the ground. Luckily, Y/n had predicted this so he was quick to act. "Breath of gold, 6th form: golden fall!" he yelled and stabbed his katana to the ground, a rush of gold liquid bursting from the ground. That caught Tanjiro by surprise, but he was ultimately grateful. If it weren't for him, one of the would've grabbed his leg. As a sign of appreciation, Tanjiro went at a demon that grabbed Y/n's haori using his second form.

"Stop getting in my way!" A demon shrieked. "She'll go stale! She's 16, she'll lose that freshness!"

"Fret not, my duplicate. Besides, Im already full" another one chimed in.

"Well Im not! I want more!" another one whined, throwing a tantrum as if it were 3 years old.

"Bastards... Give Satoko back immediately!" Kazumi-san ordered.

The demon just smugly opened its jacket, revealing the number of hairpins he had on him. "If her hairpiece is here, Im afraid she's already in my belly" 

Kazumi-san looked at the collection with utter horror and despair.

Tanjiro could feel himself growing more furious, but he had no time to be angry. He barely managed to dodge the attack that the demon sent at him. Instead, its arm landed onto a wall, destroying it. Just when Tanjiro thought he was safe, a demon burst from the same wall. Luckily, Y/n came to his rescue and cut off the demos erm before it could pierce his eye. The two boys continued to struggle to keep up with the demons and protect the two humans at the same time, but they managed to keep it up. 

"At this rate, we'll never reach them!" Y/n thought in frustration as he continued to dodge the demons incoming attacks. Out of nowhere, the door to Nezuko's box flew open and her leg made a strong impact with the demons head. It flew back, its head literally spinning with a series of sickening cracks, and it eventually came crashing down to the ground.