XIII

Y/n whimpered in pain as the wires continued to cut him. He breathed heavily, sweat dripping down his forehead and cheek. He tried his best to remain silent, incase Rui was in a bad mood and was going to hurt him more than he already was. "I've got to get my blade... I've got to set myself free!" he pushed himself to move, further severing his wrist and shoulders. "No matter how much pain you are in... No matter if it's agonising... Just keep moving! Don't stop!" he yelled at himself and further continued moving. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He screamed in pain, stopping his movements. He started breathing slowly and surely to slow down his heart rate and blood circulation with it. A loud thunderclap startled him. He snapped his eyes open and looked around to the best of his abilities with the wire around his neck. 

"Zenitsu..." Y/n whispered, tears welling up in his eyes. "You're okay..." he smiled as tears rolled down his cheeks. They dripped from his face and onto the wires, sizzling and evaporating nearly instantly. 

"Why are you crying like a blubbering baby? It's unattractive" Rui muttered and lowered himself to Y/n's level. The boy simply glared daggers at him. 

"Rui!!" a young girls voice screamed and approached. "Rui!" The demon lowered himself to the girl, who had similar circular patterns on her face and white hair, much like his. "They've beaten mother, and... and  big brother too! There are demon slayers! More are coming!" she prattled on, not noticing the demon slayer suspended into the air. "Maybe we should... run away...?" she suggested quietly, her face fading to reveal a girl with eyes that had black for whites, red eyes and black hair. Rui clearly wasn't happy with her face fading. He made a webbed pattern between his fingers and sent it at her face, making her scream in pain. Since Rui was preoccupied, the wires on Y/n had loosened up, which he was thankful for. A loud crash was heard, making the boy turn his attention to there. His face lightened up when he saw Tanjiro. He was about to yell for him, but when he saw how furious Rui was, he decided it would be best to remain quiet. After all, if the demon felt like it, he could cut his head off right then and there. 

"What are you looking at?" Rui asked, looking at Tanjiro annoyedly. "This isn't a show, you know"

"What is wrong with you?! Aren't you her friend?!" Tanjiro barked. 

"Friend?" Rui mocked. "Don't phrase it in such an infantile manner. We're family. Our bond is real. Nothing so superficial as friends. This is a matter between me and my sister. If you interrupt me, I'll carve you up"

"Be it friends or family, connections like those are always precious! Besides, a bond smells of trust! All I can smell off of you is fear, hatred and loathing! Your 'family ties' are a sham! Fake!"

"Aha! Looks like I've found me a good demon! Even I can slay a kid!" a voice popped up, clearly cocky. 

"No..." Y/n's eyes widened. "No! Don't do it!" he screamed and reached an arm out, letting out a cry of pain. 

Tanjiro perked up, hearing Y/n's pleas. He couldn't, for the life of him, pick up his scent. The demon before him was such an intense smell, it was overbearing. 

The cocky black haired guy didn't even have a chance to attack before being sliced up. 

"Now you" Rui turned back to Tanjiro, his eyes wide with rage. "What did you just say?!"

"I'll say it again and again..." Tanjiro growled. "Your so called family ties are fake!"

"I'll skin you, then chop you up" Rui spoke calmly. "But, if you take back what you just said, I'll make your death quick"

"I won't take it back! I meant everything I said! The one who is wrong... is you!" Tanjiro yelled at the top of his lungs. Wires surrounded him. Y/n thrashed around in his restraints to the best of his ability, trying to do something, anything to help Tanjiro. The red haired boy did his best to defend himself, but his sword broke. His expression changed to one of horror. The wires cut up his face before another batch appeared before him, one even deadlier.