*EIGHT*

Sun peeped in the room where Manik was sleeping in a sitting position with his hand in Nandini's hair which he was caressing last night unknown to the feelings taking birth in his heart. 

Manik's POV

I woke up only to realize the awkward position we were in. I looked in her direction thanking god for not waking her up before me. Carefully freeing my hands i looked in cradle where Mishi gave me her smile. Smilingly i took her in my arms and went towards kitchen to feed her. Though this cutie is just 2 months but due to Nandini's weakness we also give other than Nandini's milk.

With the bottle in hand i was sitting in living playing and feeding Misshi. With a sudden jerk someone came and snached her from me.

"Mishii! How dare you take her without my permission?" Nandini yelled at me hugging Mishi tightly. Her disheveled state was the proof how scared she was. Hair all over face  with no slippers.

"Nandini relax. It is just me. She was hungry and you were sleeping so i thought.." i tried to make her understand calmly but she cut me in between.

"You thought? Who are you to think about my baby? No one cares about my baby but you know what i am more than enough for her and i will always protect her" snapping me she left the living room. 

"Fuck!" i kicked the sofa taking my frustration out. "Here i was being nice to her and she is showing me her attitude. To Manik Malhotra! Now i will show her who Manik Malhota is and you should never mess with him." Murmuring Manik left to his room for getting ready for office.

***

It's been 3 days to that incident. Though I promised Abhi that I won't come to office living her alone but after that incident it was not me but my anger who broke promise.

"What the hell! I am paying you all for this? I want this file on my table withing 2 hours" manger left trembling in fear.

"Rohan! Call a meeting of finance department. I want to see the books myself. " I told my PA.

Though I am always the arrogant one but this time I can't figure out. Why I'm angry whether she insulted me or she didn't talk to me in these days?

"No Manik! What are you thinking. It's good she didn't talk." Making his heart understand he again got engrossed in his work.

***

"God what should I do now? Aditi has not come yet but these medicines? Shall I ask that monster for help?"  Nandini talked to herself looking at the empty bottles of Mishi's medicines .

"No Nandu have you gone made? Aditi will come  tomorrow till then I can take care of my baby. I won't talk to that monster" battling with her heart and mind Nandini concluded and started playing with her skipping her lunch once again.

***
Manik's POV

"Such a tiring day." I starched my arms entering the mansion.

I started moving towards my room to get fresh and asked butler to send dinner in room itself. I hate eating alone.

"Why is Mishi crying?" I talked to myself. First I though to ignore it but her continuos crying and Nandini' panicked voice forced me to look over them.

"Baby! Mumma is here na. Don't cry please. " I saw Nandini taking rounds trying to calm Mishi. She has tears in her eyes seeing Mishi in pain.

"Nandini? Is everything okay? Do you need any help?"

"Manik! I .. Mishi.." she hesitated. God why these girls are so dramatic.

"Is Mishi okay? Shall we see a doctor? She is getting all red due to crying" I started calmly walking towards her.

"Her medicines are over and I didn't know whom to tell as Aditi was not here" she finally spoke after few seconds of silence.

But her words made me so angry

"Crazy woman! Can't you see me? This 6 ft man standing in front of you. You should have told me. Because of your stubbornness Mishi is suffering" I spat angrily at her and took Mishi from her. Tears made their way in her eyes but right now it was her mistake.

"Now what are you waiting for? Come we will go to Doctor now." I said walking out of the room while she followed me with fast steps wiping her tears.

This girl and her tears. Both will be my death someday.