*SIX*

"Mishi!"  Nandini sat breathing heavily and sweat forming on her forehead.  She started looking here and there but when found none she tried to stand up removing the wire attached in her hand but someone caught her hand making her stop in her act. 

"You are weak.  You should not remove this" Nandini got hell scared listening guy's voice and started trembling in a fear

"Who are you? Where is my daughter?  What did you do with her? "with shivering lips she asked

" I am Abhimanyu.  You came in front of my car last night.  Remember? " Abhi said slowly trying not to scare her more than already she was.

Nandini started shivering with the thought of last night and kept murmuring Mishi's name

Abhi started to tell her about Mishi when a nurse came with a crying Mishi in room.  Nandini eyes shot up at her cries and as soon as nurse gave her she started kissing her whole face and kept murmuring her name.

Nurse went away while Abhi stood looking at them. 

Mishi slept in her arms and Nandini tried to put her properly beside her but due to wires she was not able to do it.  Abhi went towards her anf tried to help her but as soon as Abhi held Mishi, Nandini's breath became heavy and she looked at abhi while trying to pull her towards herself.

"I won't harm her or you.  Trust me " there was something in Abhi's eyes which compelled Nandini to trust her lessening her hold on Mishi while taking it as cue Abhi made Mishi lied down properly.

After a few minutes silence finally Abhi asked
" Where do you live?  Give me your family's number i will call them and inform about you being in hospital "  His words took Nandini's attention who was staring at Mishi lost in her thoughts.

She kept looking at him without answering while Abhi was already looking in her direction.  Tears made their way from her eyes out of helplessness.

Last time she was lucky enough to find a person like Aditi but this time where will she go?  She doesn't have family nor any money with her. 

"I don't have family.  I live in orphanage" she replied looking down at her hands lying in her lap

"Okay!  Tell me the name of orphanage i will inform them and drop you there" He breath got hitched with his words as the thought itself made her shiver out of fear.  She started movie her head sideways.

Looking at her condition Abhi knew something was wrong but he couldn't live her alone.  Her eyes held that innocence which were about how sacred and lonely she was.

"Okay. Listen i can't live you alone here and you and Mishi both are not well.  Will you come to Mumbai with me? Argh I forgot to ask you name.  What's you name? " Abhi asked with a smile as he thought of taking her with him to Mumbai.  He felt some connection towards her.
A brotherly concern.

" Nandini, My name is Nandini " Abhi nodded at her and said" So Nandini will you come with me?  You can trust me i won't harm you.  You can consider me your brother also as you have no one where will you go? " Nandini was silent thinking what she should do definitely she can not go to orphanage.  And she was already out of money and right now not in a correct state of mind to think anything.

Her mind was not ready to go with a stranger but her heart wanted to trust this stranger.  She felt brotherly concern in his voice but before agreeing she wanted to ask him how did she lend in hospital.

"How did you bring me here?  And Why are you so keen to help me?  What is your motive behind it? "

Abhi smiled on seeing how she is trying to be strong and answered
" About your 1st question then i shall answer you afterwards as we are getting late but about others then i am helping you because i consider you my sister"

"Now no more questions,  you are coming with me " Abhi said getting up and giving his hand to help her

" But i don't want to be burden on you.  You can drop us at any orphanage " Nndini said while getting up from the bed and trying to hold Mishi but she was soo weak to do that.

Abhi sighed and picked Mishi in his arms" We will think about that once we reach home."

Abhi made Nandini and Mishi sit in car and went to meet doctor.  Doctor has already informed about what marks and trauma her body was indicating and how weak she was,  that's another reason he wanted to take her home and he was glad that she didn't argue much.  Mishi was also having fever and was too weak along with Nandini  who needs at least a month bed rest. 

*****
"Where the hell are you Manik? Can you be on time for once? " Abhi shouted over the phone as soon as they reached Mumbai Airport and were waiting for Manik.

Nandini was exhaust and her face was prove to it.  Mishi's fever increased making Nandini more pale as she didn't know what to do.  Abhi consoled her during whole journey but Mishi's condition was scaring him.

"Abhi i will be there in 5. Why are you  shouting?  You know how Mumbai traffic is" Manik replied while driving fast as Abhi was never this impatient but he could sense something was wrong from his voice. 

"It's just that i have someone with me who is not well" Abhi sighed over the phone

"Relax i reached.  Come towards the gate" saying this Manik cut the call. 

*****
Manik's POV

I parked my car at entrance and got down looking for Abhi.  He sounded worried over the phone.  As soon as my eyes landed on Abhi who was coming towards me with a baby in his hand i got shocked.  Whose baby is this?  And then my eyes stopped on a girl beside him making my breath hitched. 

Girl has bags under her eyes.  She looked weak and exhausted.  But still she was the most beautiful girl i have ever seen in my life.  Her innocence was reflecting from her face,  something which differentiates her from others.

I came out of my thoughts when Abhi shook me from my shoulder.

"Where are you lost?  I have been calling you from last 5 minutes. " Before i could reply he again said

" Leave all that.  Let's go home fast.  Mishi has been crying continuously and her fever has also increased" Abhi said sitting on passenger sit making Nandini sit behind with crying Mishi in her hand.

I sat on driving seat fastly when baby's cries rang in my ears and when i looked through mirror that girl was also crying.  I didn't like her tears.  Something in me was screaming that she don't deserve this tears.

"Nandini relax!  I have informed doctor.  They will be reaching home.  Mishi will be fine. " Abhi said after cutting his phone turning backwards.  I was so lost in her that i didn't hear Abhi talking to doctors. But her name caught my attention.

NANDINI