•Wish You Were Sober (AU)•

was this a request? no. is this really needed? nah. but i badly want to get this idea out, so forgive me HAHAHAHA

anyways, i've been loving Conan Gray, so i hope yall enjoy this <3

year: yall r in your college days! like campus, dorms, and all that stuff loll

WARNINGS: drinking, curses, just all that bad influence bs HAHAHA

The party rages, lights of every color were everywhere, and it hurt your head. you were once again at a college party you didn't even want to be at- because your bestfriend asked you to come with him, while he gets drunk.

you stood in a corner, hugging yourself, clearly uncomfortable, but your bestfriend was in the middle of the crowd, careless dancing with a bottle of beer in his hands.

"Please don't drink more beer, for the love of god," you whispered to yourself, but sighed when you saw him once again chug down his ninth bottle.

you knew this wouldn't end well, because you've been in this position before. when he's drunk enough to not understand a thing, you'll drive him home, and he'll kiss you- and it hurts you to think it's just the alcohol taking over his body, not actually himself.

what hurts more is that he doesn't even remember a thing the next day.

as expected, you saw Draco making his way through the crowd, stumbling towards you, but before he fell on the floor, you caught him, making you groan because of his weight, "Goodness, can you even stand on your own?"

the blonde then, stood straight on his own, stumbling a bit, but this time he managed to balance himself, "This party is shit," he laughs

"You say that but you were having so much fun out there," you said, rolling your eyes, "Ready to head out?"

he nodded, "Get me out of here, anywhere- somewhere where the music isn't too loud,"

a sigh left your lips as you held his arm, and guided him out the door. and as soon as you saw your Rover, you unlocked the passenger seat for him, and he immediately entered the vehicle, "Don't you dare throw up in my car," you said before closing the door.

you walked around to the driver's seat, and got in. you started the engine, and drove towards campus- since the party happened in one of the Jocks' house.

it was atleast a fifteen minute drive, and in that fifteen minutes, your bestfriend was quiet. you kept glancing at him, trying to see if he was asleep, but everytime you look at him, he's looking out the window, as if deep in thought.

finally, you pulled over at the boys' dormitory, making him face you with droopy eyes, "Thanks, love," he always says.

"Yeah, whatever, get out so i can go to bed," you said, playfully rolling your eyes.

but you knew what'll happen next, and it did.

he stared into your eyes, and you couldn't help but stare right back- they were hypnotizing. and slowly, he cupped your cheek, and pulled you closer.

and there, and then, he kissed you, softly, as if he really meant it.

your heart broke, as you pulled away- you didn't want to, but you had to stop this. you were done with this rollercoaster.

Draco's face gave you a disappointment look- but you knew that wasn't real. he is not disappointed, this was just the alcohol.

he cleared his throat, and pulled away, "Goodnight," he said, which you only nodded at. you couldn't look at him- because you were hurting too much, you couldn't keep going like this.