-1-

The 78th class was talented.

Extremely talented.

But when it came to athletics, some of them were- less talented

It was a boring week for Leon Kuwata. The days cycled over and over again. Get up, eat breakfast, go to school, and practice. With being the Ultimate Baseball Star, people had expectations, so he couldn't miss an hour of hard work. There was no excitement in his life. Everything was unexciting and predictable. Well, everything except for his classmates.

The other fifteen Ultimates he was forced to learn with really started growing on him. At first, he approached them with hostility, not wanting to get too attached and lose his motivation towards baseball, but eventually he learned what real friends were. That was the only thing that gave him hope.

The red-headed boy sat down at his desk, bumping fists with Mondo. "Hey, man. You look like hell." Mondo only frowned and slammed his pencil down on his desk.

"Thanks, dickhead." For a biker gang leader, he got offended easily. "Y'know it's not easy waking up to come here and listen to your bull everyday." Leon chuckled, leaning back in his seat.

"It was only a joke, dude. Chill out." He dropped his bag down by his feet and kicked in under his chair. His classmates entered one by one. The baseball star watched as they grumbled and complained as they entered the stuffy room. All except one.

A tall, jet-black hair boy walked into the room, marching to the front of the classroom. It was Kiyotaka Ishimaru. He was the Ultimate Moral Compass, but Leon just called him the Ultimate Nerd. His hair was tidy and his posture impeccable, as was his grades. Everyone eyeballed him as he cleared his throat.

"Attention class! I have an announcement to make." Taka grabbed a piece of chalk and scribbled down on the blackboard. "Principal Kirigiri has commanded that we find an extra-curricular activity for the class to take part in." Leon raised an eyebrow, glancing around the classroom. The blackboard now read "Extra-Curricular Ideas."

Celestia Ludenberg, the Ultimate Gambler, was seated with her legs crossed on the top of her desk. She kept her usual quiet demeanor as she checked her blood-red acrylics. Her impressive black drills sprung out on the sides of her head. 

Next to her was Aoi Asahina, the Ultimate Swimming Pro. She was trading little erasers with Makoto Naegi, the Ultimate Lucky Student. They were friends at first glance. The two were usually seen laughing together. But, despite Yasuhiro's silly predictions, they were totally platonic.

He heard a rustle of paper from behind him and looked over his shoulder to see Hifumi Yamada, the Ultimate Fanfic Creator, putting away a drawing. Hifumi was always caught drawing or eating during class. Leon never talked to him much, since the weeb was scared around everyone besides Naegi.

Finally, someone spoke up. Leon watched as the lavender-haired detective, Kyoko Kirigiri, stood up and smoothed out wrinkles on her blazer. "So, you're saying that my father wants us to come up with an after-school activity to do?" Taka nodded.

"Exactly! Any suggestions?"

 The entire room was silent. He choked out a laugh. 

"Um, well maybe we could do singing lessons or even a little band in the auditorium?" He heard the sweet voice of Sayaka Maizono. She was the Ultimate Pop Sensation, and for a damn good reason. Only a girl as loving and beautiful as herself could be an idol. Her hair was a dark blue that ran down her shoulders.

"Oh! Or a little computer lab meetup!" That was Chihiro Fujisaki, the Ultimate Programmer. He was a sweet boy, with blonde hair that stopped at his chin. His feminine attire fit his personality.