Chapter Four: The Prince And His Knights

As we were travelling through the forest, I started to hear 3 voices having a conversation. The three voices belonged to what sounded like men. As I was taken through a bush, we came to a small clearing with three men who stopped mid-conversation and looked at us. 

One of the men had white horns, black hair and had a small golden ring on his left horn. The second one had blue horns, brown hair and wore glasses. The third one had orange horns, pinkish hair and looked to be the most innocent out of the five.

"Leif, I thought you told us you were going to go find Ava." The white horned Daemos didn't look too happy that I was brought back instead of whoever this 'Ava' is. "Well, you see, Prince Asch, it turns out that the scream didn't come from Ava." Leif replied, "It was actually her." 

He motioned towards Pierce who was still carrying me. "He's a Prince? The one with the ring on his horn?" I thought to myself. "Pierce. Put her down." The prince demanded. "But-" Pierce tried to reason before he was cut off by Asch, "Put. Her. Down." Pierce hesitantly put me down on my feet. 

I must have looked like I had been shaken up, which I definitely was from what happened with Zex, because the next thing I know the orange horned Daemos came up to me and asked if I was okay. "I-I'm fine... just a little shaken up is all." I responded, trying to sound as confident as I possibly could. He leant down to my height and put his hand on my face. 

Was he- examining the wound? "Noi, what are you doing?" Asch asked the orange haired Daemos. He turned his head to face Asch, his hand still on my face, "She's injured..." He sounded worried. "I'm fine... its just a scratch," I said in a weak voice before the prince could respond.

"Let me see." The other blue horned Daemos said before making his way over too me. "Hmmm, it seems to be more than just a scratch. It looks like a cut from a blade of some sort. Please, tell me, how did you get this wound?" My eyes widen at the question he asked me. 

I didn't know if I should tell them the truth or tell them a lie. Before I could speak, a voice from behind me said, "Rhys, give her some space. She was just attacked!" Rhys' eyes widen as he looked over at Leif. "A-Attacked!? By who, may I ask?" Leif turned to me then back to Rhys, "You don't want to know... Trust me."

Rhys obviously didn't like being told lies. "I need to know who attacked her so we can figure this out." I could tell he was holding back his anger. "Z-Zex..." I managed to say in a really quiet weak voice. Noi's eyes widened as he focused his attention from Rhys to me. He looked at me with fear in his eyes as I looked back at him with a sad expression. It was almost like he was frozen in fear. 

My right ear twitched as I could hear rustling in the bushes. My expression changed from sad to fearful in a matter of seconds. Noi stood up straight and looked in the direction of the rustling and everyone else turned their attention to it. I moved closer to Pierce and hid behind him. He drew his sword ready to protect if need be. A shadowy figure stepped out and turned towards us.