She also loved drama way too much for that. My subconscious added and I smiled, remembering a certain instance.

By now, there is only one room left, in which I dreaded making an entrance.

The Principal's Office.

"Okay." I took a deep breath in and exhaled. I moved slowly towards the end of the hall, feeling a knot form in my stomach.

I tugged the end of the hoodie, pulling it over my wrists, to hide the tattoos. My hand jolted forward to knock on the door, but I froze when I heard the shattering of glass at the other end of the door. A muffled shriek resounded shortly afterward, piquing my curiosity even further.

"Two men dead! Really?" I heard the principal exclaim.

There was a short moment of silence before she continued.

"Those were our men! Hell, One of them was my cousin's fiancé!" Her voice cracked at the end.

What?

"Yh-Trust me, I will personally chop his head off!" She enunciated, her words were laced with bitterness. My eyes widened with sudden realization.

Where are they referring to Jacob?

That's when I began frantically running into the school yard, looking for Darcy. I spotted her in the parking lot, leaning against her car, staring at the phone in her hand. I ran towards her as if my life depended on it.

"Hey, girl! I was just about to call you." she started enthusiastically.

"B.T.Ws, momzilla's got it out for ya," she smirked, gesturing for me to get into the car.

"I don't have time for that right now, we need to head to the safe house." I climbed into the passenger's seat, struggling to catch my breath.

I gotta hit the gym once in a while, Damn.

"Not my fault if she skins you alive." she giggled lightly and started up the car. I'm a little surprised at how composed she is about this whole situation.

"You know we're in deep sh*t, don't you?" I stated.

"So? We don't gotta be down about it!" She chirped, maxing out the car speakers. In a split second, Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus boomed throughout the entire vehicle, almost popping my eardrums. I muted it, throwing her a death glare.

"Uurggh! Look, when you've been doing this for basically your whole life, it becomes normal." She rolled her eyes dramatically, I just folded my arms and looked away, deciding not to question her.

Before I knew it, we were driving through a desolate area, the street was littered with bits of metal scraps and had empty plots of land with barb-wired fences. The car then stopped in front of an old, rusty gate, where two tall and muscular guards approached us. They nodded, peering inside the car. We continued on the straight lane ahead, which seemed to lead to a huge, grey, building.

"This place belonged to some old friends." Darcy strolled towards the building, while I stood still, gazing in awe.

It was a large mid-century, modern-style mansion, my dream home, away from my mother.