Chapter Fifteen

DREW'S POV

I opened the hotel room door and some lanky manchild, I wouldn't call him a proper man, was stood in the corridor.
'Can I help you?' I asked.
'Yeah, is this Katelyn Moore's room?' came the guy's reply. He looked extremely uncomfortable, like he didn't want to be here, but had urgent business.
'This is Katelyn Galloway's room. Katelyn is my wife. What do you want with her?'
'I just really need to talk to her. It's important.' I sighed, knowing this guy wasn't going to give up. 'I'm Jack, by the way. Jack Barakat.'
'You'd best come in then.' I stepped aside and let the guy in. Why did I recognise that name? After closing the door, I walked into the bedroom to find Kate and Joe having an intimate moment. She looked happier already. Yes, it broke my heart that this was what she wanted, but I knew Joe wouldn't steal her away from me. It was selfish of me to want to keep her all to myself, but at the same time, she was my wife. 'Um, Kate, there's someone in the lounge for you.' I left the bedroom again and went to make coffee. I had a feeling we would need it.
'Jack, what are you doing here?' Katelyn asked her visitor.
'Well, that's no way to speak to your husband, is it?'

WHAT THE FUCK?

'I'm sorry, what? Jack, if this is some sick joke, then please just leave.' Katelyn collapsed onto the couch.
'It's not a joke Katelyn. I have the marriage licence right here.' Jack reached into the inside pocket of his denim jacket and pulled out a piece of paper. I watched as he handed it to her and Katelyn's face went white. She dropped the paper and began convulsing. I ran to her, putting a cushion under her head to make sure she didn't hurt her neck. Joe walked out of the bedroom, fully dressed, and I could see him surveying the scene before him. He dropped to his knees beside me and brushed the hair off her face. After a few seconds, Katelyn finished having a seizure and looked around, extremely confused.
'Baby, it's okay. Do you remember what happened?' Joe said in a soothing voice. She shook her head. It was the worst thing about her seizures, sometimes she couldn't remember what happened beforehand.
'You ex boyfriend Jack is here and he said that you guys got married,' I filled her in quickly.
'No, that's wrong,' Katelyn cried. 'Jack and I broke up 4 years ago. He called me a cocktease in front of everyone on tour. Call Maxx, he will tell you.'
'That's not a bad idea,' Jack said. 'How is the homo these days? Still sucking Pete Wentz's dick? That is how y'all got that record deal, wasn't it?'
'Jack, why don't you tell me why you're really here? I know that licence is fake. I'm no idiot.'
'Fine. Check the other document in that wallet.' I picked up the plastic wallet that Katelyn had dropped and took out several sheets of paper. Official paperwork from a lawyer. He was suing Katelyn.
'Why the fuck are you suing my wife?' I continued to read the paperwork. 'Slander,defamation of character. You do know you can't sue somebody if what they're saying is actually true, right?'
'Oh, but some of it isn't true. See, we did fuck, but she was too out of her mind on cocaine that she doesn't remember. Maybe you should ask her about the abortion she had in Detroit.'
'I suggest you leave right now, before I call the cops on you. You come anywhere near my wife again and I will break your jaw.' I squared up to Jack, which wasn't hard. The guy was about 100lb soaking wet. What in the world did Katelyn ever see in this jerk? Jack backed off, toward the door and left.

KATELYN'S POV

'Thank God you were here,' I said to Drew and Joe. 'I couldn't have faced him alone.'
'Why is he trying to sue you?' Joe asked, looking confused. 'Who even is he?' I quickly relayed the story of me and Jack, how we met on Warped Tour a few years ago, had a summer fling and then he dumped me because I wouldn't fuck him. Now he was saying that he wanted to sue me for telling the truth. It was bullshit. 'So, he's trying to sue you for slander because you told a magazine what really happened between the two of you? That is wack. I should go and bust his ass.'
'No, Joe, he isn't worth it. If anything, I should be countersuing him and his band for not paying me royalties for 3 songs we wrote together, but I'm not going to. I don't want to have to deal with another court case again. Not after the whole Randy case.' Drew pulled me into a hug, I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.
'Well, I should head to the arena. I'll catch you guys later.' Joe got up off the couch, gave me a quick kiss and left Drew and I alone.
'So, breakfast is cold,' Drew laughed.
'That's okay. My appetite is kinda shot to hell right now.'
'Babe, you have to eat something. Let me heat up some pancakes for you. You need your seizure medication. ' There was no point in arguing with Drew, so I just smiled and sat at the breakfast bar while he busied himself, reheating pancakes and making coffee.

After I had eaten and taken my medication, Drew and I got dressed, grabbed our bags and headed for the arena. I left Cary a quick note to say that we wouldn't be back until after the show tonight and that Drew and I were going to have dinner out. I felt bad that I didn't spend as much time with AJ as before, but this was my job. It was selfish of me to prefer my job to spending time with my son.
Once we got to the arena, there was a huge buzz backstage, I felt like everyone was whispering about meand chatting about a huge announcement that was being made on tonight's show. When I bumped into Finn, I asked him what was going on.
'All I've heard is that Vince is making a huge announcement and it involves the entire roster, Raw, Smackdown and NXT,' he replied.
'Could be another draft,' Becky said as she walked past. 'Breakfast tomorrow. We need a catch up.'
'Text me,' I called after her. A producer came up and barked at me to get to hair and make up because I had a segment to film. Giving Drew a quick kiss, I followed the producer down the hall to the Glam Squad. As I sat down in the chair, Lana walked by and 'accidentally hit me in the back of the head. 'Screw you, Lana,' I yelled. Cherry, the hairstylist, quickly curled my hair and put it half up in a quiff. I was ushered over to Fallon, the make up artist, who always did my make up just how I like it, very minimal with a bright lipstick. The whole process only too about 30 minutes.
'Is this lipstick smudgeproof?' I looked in the mirror and saw a ring ready Drew grinning at me. 'Or is it the kind that takes a good scrubbing to get off my cock?'
'There's no need to be so vulgar, Mr McIntyre,' Paul Heyman remarked as he walked by. Drew just laughed and we walked to where my segment was being filmed, the camera already rolling.
'Hey Charley,' I smiled at the backstage reporter.
'Katelyn, there's rumours flying around about the possibility of a draft, are you scared that you and Drew might be separated?'
'There is no way that Drew and I would be split up. That would be like putting Jimmy and Naomi on seperate brands or Charlotte and Andrade. It makes no sense.'
'Have you heard anything about the big announcement that Mr McMahon is making tonight?'
'No, there are a couple of theories flying around, but they all seem rather tame. I'm sure it will be good, no matter what it is.' I turned to leave.
'One last thing Katelyn. How do you feel about the news that TMZ broke a few moments ago, that you and Drew are now in an open marriage and that you are having an affair with Roman Reigns?' My eyes widened. How could anyone have known about that?
JACK! He was trying to ruin me.
'My private life has no effect on my ability to do my job. I would like you to remember that.' I stormed away, toward my locker room, Drew hot on my heels.