𝖎𝖎.𝖎 𝖓𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖈𝖞

Start from the beginning

"This salmon is huge, it'll be too much for just my family, you can stay for dinner if you'd like." The Cleary girl said. "Thought you'd never ask." The boy said jokingly. "We should invite Collin too, he seems to get along well with your sister." He continued, Haven nodding in agreement.

"Pass me that lemon." Haven said, reaching her hand out. "Not so fast. What do you say?" Finnick teased, holding the lemon in his hand. "Pass me that lemon or I'll slice your hand off." The blonde said sarcastically. "Nope. What you say is please." The boy smirked, handing her the lemon.

Haven squeezed the lemon over the salmon, before flipping it in the pan. "Make yourself useful Odair." The blonde remarked, pointing her spatula at him. "Got it Seargant." Finnick said, giving her a little salute, the girl rolling her eyes.

Finnick mixed around the broccoli that was sautéing in the pan, and seasoned it with a variety of spices. "Not bad." Haven smiled.

The food finished cooking a few minutes later; Haven set it on the dining table and called everyone in to eat. Shane and Cecile sat at the heads, Haven between Collin and Finnick, and across from her siblings. "Looks great sweetie." Cecile said from across the table.

The conversation during the meal was lively, it felt like the two outsiders had been part of the family for years. Haven also noticed that Collin barely took his eyes off Ashlyn. She turned to Finnick, and she could tell he noticed the same exact thing. Haven slightly raised her eyebrows, tilting her head in their direction, Finnick nodding back at her.

After dinner, Ashlyn and Sawyer offered to clean the dishes, and Shane and Cecile went upstairs, leaving Haven, Finnick, and Collin in the living room.

"You're so obvious it's painful." Finnick laughed, looking at Collin. "What're you talking about." Collin said, brushing it off. "We're talking about how you were practically about to stick your tongue down my sisters throat." Haven remarked.

"Pfft. That is not true." Collin protested, but his reddening cheeks gave him away. "Yes! I knew it." Haven exclaimed. "You should totally tell her." The blonde continued, Finnick nodding in agreement. "I don't know, what if she says no." Collin questioned. "Please. She'd be crazy." Finnick responded. "Hey, don't call my sister crazy." Haven scolded playfully, lightly hitting his shoulder.

Haven and Finnick both looked at Collin, pleading expressions on their faces. "Alright fine I'll do it. You two are ridiculous." Collin said. The pair burst out laughing, giving each other a high five.

A few minutes later, Collin stood up and walked into the kitchen, Haven and Finnick whisper-cheering him on. The pair watched from the living room window as Collin and Ashlyn walked outside. They watched intently, waiting for something to happen. Finally, Haven and Finnick cheered, right as they saw Collin grab Ashlyn's face, his lips meeting hers.

// author's note
this chapter rly said: domesticity
this was v fun to write. me actually being nice to my characters for once? unheard of. pretty fun tho 10/10 will do again.
me 🤝 giving all my characters relationships bc they deserve some happiness
also having a time and a 1/2 establish fin & hav's friendship/relationship. more to come 🤫
thank you so very much for reading :) feel free to vote & leave some comments (my fav thing ever)
- a <3

finnick & haven watching collin & ashlyn from the window:

me @ finnick & haven: