2.Death Do Us Apart

Her blank stare directed towards open night space was making even stars uncomfortable. Her face was void like a blank paper but dried tears showed that her heart was burning with fire. Fire which was as lethal as Derby Morris's sin.

She cleared her throat to subside down heaviness and then collected her flowing hair in a top bun.

Standing up with self confidence, she retraced the path where she begged and even dragged her body but this time, she crumbled the ground with her footsteps. Red puffy eyes held undying anger of revenge. Her black georgette night wear was gushing with wind while she took her steps towards sitting arrangements of hall.

She came and sat on the couch like a queen, letting her right elbow rest on the armrest. Picking up several tissues from the table infront of her, she dabbed her face and nose softly .

Her face was aching with heavy drops of her tears and two drops trickled down when she looked at the decorative photo frame which was kept stylishly on the table. How happy and lovely they looked !

That particular photo was captured when they completed their one year anniversary. Her glow looked heavenly and was radiating happiness while Derby had squeezed her in his strong masculine arms. His chin was resting on her shoulder and his beautiful charming smile always used to melt Vista's heart.

All of it was a big sugary facade! That two tears turned into full blown hiccups but those were real this time. When her cheeks rejected to be sojourn of tears, they started falling down on the glass of photo frame smothering it making it blur just like their marriage.

Tissues paper in her hand were crumbled down by her and her nostrils flared when her eyes read the cursive line down on the photo, ' Till death do us apart. '

A humorless smirk surfaced on her lips and her eyes went stoic on Derby Morris's picture. " You'll pay for this you motherfu***r! " it was an inevitable promise and she would make sure of it! Her eyes shined with vengeance when she thought about the whole plan she was about to execute.

Without removing her stare from Derby Morris, she picked up the land-line phone and dialed 911 and waited for someone to pick up the call.

" Hello, this is Charlotte from Miami Police Department How may I help you? " a female voice spoke from the other side of the speaker.

The humorless smirk suddenly got mixed with malice when she heard the voice. It was now again time for a full blown pretense.

" Hel... Hello! " her pretentious voice was trembling like that of a scared hostage.

" Yes Miss, may I know your name? " the female officer asked courteously.

" There's.... there's a dead body! "oh the fear she had in her voice can never be thought as fake !

" dead body? Are you safe? Can you hear me? " the female officer tried to maintain the calm but at the sane time, some rustling was going in the background which confirmed that they were already alert.

" Please, please come soon... " she wondered how many times will she beg without her fault.

" Please hide somewhere if there's danger around you. " the officer directed in order to assure her safety.

Her vicious mind laughed listening to the officer.

' I'm the danger '

She didn't speak anything, therefore, officer Charlotte again enquired, "Don't worry Miss. Will you tell me what's your name and do you recognize the dead body? "

She craned her head towards wall clock. It was half past eleven in the night and she spoke in a strange calm voice, " Come soon Charlotte. "

She had cut the call fully aware of the fact that they would trace the phone number. She winked at the photo frame and whispered in hush tone as if it was a top secret, " Till death do us apart, Derby Morris . "