I heard my name being called over the loud speaker once again, but I didn't care as I pulled into reverse and speed out of the parking lot. 

Tutor my a**.

A few hours later:

Once I left school, I drove to my friend Ryan's house. Yes I have friends, just none at school. Everyone at school is boring and I'd rather not waste my time talking to those losers.

Anyways, I'm just now leaving and it's become dark outside. As I made my way to my car, I heard a muffled sound of destress. It was so distant, that for a second I questioned if I even heard it. But my suspicions were confirmed when I heard the same sound, a little louder this time, coming from somewhere to my left .

I quickly turned and squinted my eye. I quickly spotted a car in the far distance. I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for their bright obnoxious headlights that are on. 

The car is a medium sized black S.U.V. The license plate is 72AF3.... Wait a minute! I know that car! That's the car of none other than Hector Mendoza himself!! That f*cker owes me money, like a lot of it.

 A couple of weeks ago, he decided it was a good idea to order a huge load of all kinds of drugs, then dip without paying. I should known better than to trust him with that much merchandise after only a couple of small orders, but I guess it just slipped my mind.

Anyways, I haven't really had the time to chase after him since I've been very busy with other, more important things, but I guess now's a perfect chance to "have a little talk."

I smiled to myself as I reached under my shirt to make sure I could feel something metal brush against my fingers. 

Yep it's there, I never leave home without it.

I chuckled as I started to jog up to the car. This is going to be a fun ride.

I slowed down once I got to about 50 feet away from his car. The car is driving slowly, there's handful of men all dressed in black inside. It looks like they're following something, or better yet, someone.

That's when I noticed her.

The girl from earlier, the one who ran into me in the hallway and tripped over my backpack in the cafeteria. What a clumsy girl.

Although she was annoying, I couldn't find myself to yell at her. For some weird reason, I didn't mind it. I actually kind of liked that we kept have little encounters. It's weird.

Anyways, she's running away from the car. It seems like they're following her, who knows for what reason. All I know is that it can't be good. 

I can't explain the anger I felt at the though of them hurting her. I swear I can see red right now.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a short scream and the girl came sprinting in my direction. 

Oh no.

Right in front of me is a huge pot hole. She's going to fall right in! Just like magic, right as I said that, she tripped and started falling face first.

I can't let that pretty little face of hers get scratched

Wait. What I'm thinking?! I'm not one to ignore my inner-concisions, but seriously? This is weird. Anyways, that's besides the point. Whether her face is pretty or not, I can't let her fall.

I put my arms out and caught her just in time.

She let out a breath of shock and relief, gripping my arms for support.

We froze in that position for what felt like hours. My arms around her waist, her head just inches from my chest. She's so short that she barely reaches the top of my chest. Or maybe I'm just tall.

I finally snapped out of my thoughts and my eyes quickly darted to Hector's car, which is now slowing down.

He drove his car slowly towards us, then once he was close enough to walk, his car came to a halt and he hopped out. Someone turned off the headlights, making the only light come from a streetlamp. 

I instinctively pulled her closer to me, and my hand reached for my gun. 

No, not yet. I don't want to scare her. 

I don't know why I'm even worried about not scaring her, but for some reason I am. Instead, I pulled her even closer so that her head is in my chest and I have my left arm wrapped around her protectively. My right arm is still close to my shirt, ready to grab my gun if needed.

I do love torturing people, but she doesn't deserve to get hurt. She's innocent, it's not her fault that she got into this situation.

I need to protect her.

Hector slowly walked towards us, his footsteps echoing loudly through the empty streets. I heard her whimper slightly, and my hand started to rub her back soothingly. It's like my body has a mind of its own.

Just then, Hectors face came fully into view. I stared deep into his eyes as I watched his face shift into a face of horror and recognition. 

"Hector." I said, my voice cold as night.

1551 words.