Part 15- Stay With Me

“Stay with me and never leave me, for I cannot bear another day of my life to go by that does not have you in it.”

It was a seemingly ordinary day at the library. 

Time had passed and the world had begun to heal. Will had started his job back up at the library (although Tessa had required him to write an essay on why he was most qualified for the position as a joke, and was dismayed to read three pages on why he was stunningly attractive and charming). Jem visited nearly every day during their shift, keeping them company or bringing them snacks, which was definitely against the rules.

During this period of time, the three of them were happy, truly happy, although they all knew nothing could last forever. It was only a matter of time, but while they still had time, they lived every moment to the fullest. 

“Tessaaaaaa,” a singsong voice echoed from the back of the library and Tessa looked up from her book, a smile beginning to form on her face. 

“You will not believe what I found in the storage room,” Will emerged from around a corner, hauling what looked to be a large, rolling speaker behind him. 

She cocked her head to the side, blinking a few times in confusion. “What the hell is that Will?”

A wild grin spread across his face as he stopped in front of her. “It’s a karaoke machine," He dramatically whipped two plastic microphones out from behind his back, although they weren’t hooked up to anything, and Tessa presumed they were largely for decoration. She took the microphones from his hand, laughing, and he knelt in front of the speaker, gesturing wildly. 

“I’m almost positive you hook your phone up to this wire, and you can just play a karaoke version of the song through the speakers,” he looked back at her, grinning triumphantly. 

Tessa cocked an eyebrow, her lips quirked up to the side. “So it’s really just a speaker?”

Will looked horrified, jutting his bottom lip out in a pout, but immediately brightened. “But it comes with My Little Pony microphones,” he waggled his eyebrows and Tessa laughed when she looked down and realized Rainbow Dash was printed on the handle of both pink microphones. 

“A secret My Little Pony fan I see,” she mumbled, though loud enough for Will to hear, which led him to slyly wink at her. 

The two were hovering near the spiral staircase, both standing, and Will took Tessa’s hand, leading her towards him as they sat on the bottom step of the stairs. Tessa immediately leaned into his body and his arm wrapped around her shoulder. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head, and she felt herself melt into him, impossibly warm and secure and happy. They were like that for a couple of moments, a comfortable silence settling between them. 

Suddenly she felt him stiffen, whirling around to face her with a devilish grin spread wide across his features and blue eyes sparkling with mischief. Angel help them all.

“Can I borrow your phone Tess?” he pleaded, his eyes wide and expression way too innocent to be masking anything short of diabolical. She raised her eyebrows suspiciously and tentatively passed over her phone. He bent down to hook up her phone to the speaker and once it was plugged in, he shot her an impish grin before tilting her phone to the side, blocking the screen from view. She halfheartedly protested and he quickly finished typing whatever the hell he was doing, switching tabs and turning the screen so she could now see. He was currently scrolling through her contacts, flying past A, B, C… He halted at D and clicked on a name, pulling up his phone to punch the number into his keypad, making the call anonymous.

Tessa leaned her head on his shoulder to see better and immediately choked when she saw the contact pulled up on her phone. Dorice. 

Will noticed her nearly suffocating from a combination of choking and laughing and shot her a devilish smirk.