19 | Moments Like These

Desiree November 15, 2019 (11:11 PM)

Desiree
November 15, 2019 (11:11 PM)

"You miss it?"

"Miss what?"

"Writing to each other back and forth..."

"Yeh. Of course I do. Those were the best days of my life."

"Aww, I'm sure that ain't true."

"It is. When you started writing to me it made my days in prison better and less depressing."

"Aww..."

Vance and I were laid up in bed under the sheets after a nice, well needed round of sex. He had to leave for his shift in a couple hours so we was juss chillin.

"Yeah, believe it or not, you low key saved a nigga."

"Lmao, how?"

He shrugged. "Ion know. I juss felt saved..."

"Well, your welcome...I'm glad I found you," I said softly as I played with his fingers.

"Even tho you lost some connection with ya mom cause of me?"

I shrugged. "She got over it."

"Oh aight. She know I'm out and witchu now?"

I shook my head, "nope."

"Well you gotta tell her."

"Why?"

"Cause she's ya moms. She needs to know what's goin on wit her daughter..."

"Yeah but if I tell her she's gonna find a way to ruin it..."

"She might. She might not..."

"You seen what she tried to do when we was writing to each other so imagine what she'd do if she knows that we fuckin wit each other and in person..."

"Maybe she'll forget about it and get over it for real."

"You don't know my mom. She would never forget about it...she's gonna be throwing shade at me for the rest of her life."

Vance breathes in an out. "Aight...forget I even said anything."

He sniffs as he gets out of bed.

"Why do you sound mad?" I asked him.

"I'm not."

With that, he left the room.

I sighed to myself before I rolled to the other side of the bed and stayed there for a couple minutes.

I'm hungry now. I got outta bed and put on my silk robe before I left my room and headed to my kitchen.

Vance was there standing over the stove with a pot on the fire. He cookin? I thought he went to the bathroom.

"You cookin?"

He turned to look at me and then back at the pot. "Yeah, you want some?"

"What is it?"

"Breakfast Quesadillas..."

"But it's not breakfast time ye-yes...I'll have one."

"Aight."

When he got done cooking we sat around the table and ate.

"You sure you not mad?" I asked him.

"Yes, Desiree...I ain't mad," he answered before taking a bite of his Quesadilla.

"Look me in my eyes...and tell me that you're not mad."

He cracked a smile that turned into a chuckle. "Bruh, ion have a reason to be mad."

"That's cool but you didn't look me in my eyes," I look up at him as he sat next to me.

He looked me in my eyes and leaned in closer. "I promise you that I ain't mad..."

Before he looked away, he gave me a peck on the lips. I know it was short but every time we kissed, my insides flat out melted.

But anyways, we finished eating a few minutes later and he got ready to go to work.

End of Chapter
Y'all, the end(of the book)is near.

End of ChapterY'all, the end(of the book)is near