We follow the newlyweds and the bridal party to the outdoor area where the party is already in full swing and are met with loud music from the DJ's sound system. I look around and see that the whole venue is decorated in white and mint hues just like Gracie wanted. The rustic wood patio that hangs above the makeshift dance floor is covered in white fairy lights, giving the venue the perfect romantic atmosphere. The whole place is decorated beautifully and looks just like Gracie and Jared envisioned for their big day.

I smile up at Nate and he smiles back. "This is all so beautiful," I comment.

"No more than you," he says, placing a kiss on my forehead. He starts to pull away from me but I reach out for his face and stop him so I can kiss him. There's no need for words when our actions say everything.

I hear someone clear their throat and expect to find Mia, but it's not her, it's Nate's mom who I have met a few times before today.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Carter," I apologize, feeling embarrassed she caught us and she smiles and shakes her head at me.

"Don't apologize, dear. I'm so glad you two are so in love, but please start calling me Edith. Mrs. Carter just makes me feel so old," she says with a grimace and I can't help but laugh.

"Of course, Edith," I respond with a bit of hesitation, not feeling used to it at all.

"That's more like it. And now that I have your attention, I have someone I want you to meet," she tells me and I nod. "I'll give her back to you in a bit," she reassures Nate and kisses me on the forehead before walking away to go mingle with guests.

"So who do you want me to meet?" I ask curiously.

"No one. I just wanted to get to know you better," she says, making me laugh. "I'm sure my husband would like that too. Nate never gives us the chance because he keeps you all to himself every time we see you."

"Yeah, he kind of likes to do that," I admit embarrassed.

"I understand. Young love is truly amazing," she says, reminiscing. "My Georgie was just like that when we first met. He never wanted to say goodbye to me and always had such a hard time leaving my side. I didn't want him to leave my side either once we started dating. I love seeing that my son found that kind of love with you. It makes me happy to see him so happy. It's all I ever wanted for him and Gracie," she tells me, getting teary-eyed.

"You were actually able to steal her from his side?" Nate's dad asks surprised as we approach him. "Oh, honey. Are you crying?" he asks his wife as he takes her in.

"No, I'm fine," she says brushing him off and dabs the corner of her eyes. "Thankfully Nate didn't put up too much of a fight when I took Alexa from him," Nate's mom informs him.

"Well I'm glad we finally have a chance to talk with you," he says and gives me the biggest hug that is nothing but affectionate. I remember being so scared the day Nate presented me to him and his mom for the first time, but my fears were quickly laid to rest when I realized they were the sweetest people ever. They treated me like a daughter from the very first day I met them and have never made me feel left out. Not once. On the contrary, they took me in as one of their own and that's rare because not many people have gone out of their way to make me feel like I belong, but Nate and his family did, and that's something I will always be grateful for.

"Me too," I admit. "I'm sorry we haven't had much time to talk. Things have been very hectic with Gracie's wedding and work, but I promise after today, Nate and I will make an effort to visit you two more often," I reassure them.

"We would love that," Nate's dad says with a big smile.

"So what have you been up to since we last saw you?" Nate's mom asks me curiously.