For nearly 200 years things remained the same, I was happy and my days always strated and ended the same way. Thranduil's subjects noticed a change in their king, he had always been a great leader but he was no longer the cold and heartless monster people made him out to be. Things were going well, we were at peace and happy. But it all changed one morning when Legolas, Tauriel and I went scouting.

*

I woke up that morning knowing that there would be no training. The sun was rising from behind the mountains and Thranduil was still asleep. I went down to the baths, took a quick one and got dressed in brown leather pants, tall lace up brown boots and a white loose fitting shirt. I went down the stairs and met Legolas and Tauriel at the palace's vestibule,they looked tired and I could tell they'd been up all night scouting the woods.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking into Tauriel's green worried eyes.

"It has been going on for a while but the spiders have been growing in number. They're becoming more of a threat." Her voice was serious to match the expression in her eyes.

"So we're going to spend the day killing that menace?" I asked with a sparkle of exitement in my eyes.

Legolas shot me a charming smile and wrapped an arm playfully around my shoulders. "Indeed we are." He responded as he led me outside.

A hunting party was waiting outside for us and with no further a do we stepped out into Mirkwood.

The sun was now up in the sky but the forest was so thick no light came through. We ran, climbed and even crawled our way into the woods. The deeper we got the more vicious the creatures inside became. Everything was going as it always did when I heard something unusual. We all stopped, because we all heard the same shouting voices. They didn't belong to any of us and they obviously didn't belong to the spiders.

"That way!" Tauriel screamed and we all followed after her.

We made our way to a small clearing and the sight before my eyes made me stop dead in my tracks. Dwarves, thriteen of them, they were struggling against the spiders, I looked over at Legolas for any orders but in that very moment he resembled his father more than ever. He was expressionless and delighted to see the dwarves struggle. I knew there was a certain rivalry between the Sindarin Elves and the dwarves but I couldn't let innocent creatures be slaughtered by such monstruosities. Tauriel and I looked at each other, neither of us had to speak, we both jumped into action inmediately.

My blade went through a spider's skull and Tauriel was helping the most handsome of the dwarves. After the beasts were dead all of the dwarves rallied together, pointing their swords at us. Legolas swooped infront of which I asumed was the leader and pointed at him with his bow. As a relfex the rest of our party drew out their bows and threatned the rest of the dwarves.

"Do not think I won't kill you dwarf." Legolas said as he gave the dwarf an angered stare. I'd never seen him so furious, the Sinadrin really did dispise the dwarves I thought to myslef. "It would be my pleasure." He added with hatred. I looked over at him but Legolas looked unmoved.

The dwarf only looked at him and said nothing. Then we all moved towards the party of dwarves and Legolas ordered for us to search them. We stripped them out of all their weapons and it surprised me to see dwarves here in Mirkwood so heavily armed. Them being here wasn't a coinsidence, they were here for a reason and I knew very well Thranduil would find out why. Legolas' face was disgusted as he talked to the chubbier dwarf and looked at what seemed to be a portrait of someone. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the little man, I hardly recognized this Legolas I saw before me and it saddened me to see him be so cruel.

"Are the spiders dead?" Legolas asked as he walked over to me and Tauriel.

"Yes, but they're growing bolder" Tauriel replied with fire in her eyes.

After I'd searched the dwarves I found an elven sword on their leader, I tried to keep it from Legolas but he saw it before I could hide it. He took the sword from my hands and studdied it carefully, his eyes growing angrier by the second. He turned around and looked over at the dwarf, his face became cold and ironic.

"Where did you get this?" He asked calmly, yet you could sense a trail of anger in his voice.

"It was given to me." The dwarf replied boldly.

Legolas looked at him disgusted. "Not just a thief, but a liar as well." He pointed the blade directly at the dwaf's heart. "Take them!" He shouted and our party followed, leading the dwarves through the woods.

I caught up with Legolas and walked beside him, he seemed annoyed and I wasn't sure if I should bother him. But curiosity took hold of me and I felt the need to ask. "Why can't we just let them go? They've done nothing wrong." My voice sounded small and when Legolas directed his eyes at me my blood ran cold.

"They are up to something, we need to stop them before something happens." Legolas replied dryly.

"What could these dwarves possibly do Legolas?" I asked and I wanted to laugh at his petty hatred towards the creatures.

"That's what my father is about to find out." At the mention of Thranduil I started to worry. If Legolas had reacted this way, I didn't want to imagine what Thranduil would do to the poor creatures.

Disclaimer: Some of the dialogues are taken from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I do not own the dialogues but I need them to shape my story. I am not stealing them in any way :)