15~Perform A heart Surgery

Zacznij od początku

"How did you know they were here?"

She fiddles with her hands. "The emergency contact list still has our names on it. The hospital contacted me, unable to contain their predicament any longer."

"Have you see them yet?"

"Nari," she pauses "yes, I have. I had a short conversation with both mum and dad. Indeed they were elated upon my return."

I nod my head, contemplating on if to or not ransack the hospital, tear it down in search of them. I want to see them. What the hell happened to them at least? They were gotten out in time.

By then I didn't even realise the doctor had approached us. "Yuri, Nari. It's good to see both of you together." He smiles.

I'll never in my existence forget this doctor. Apparently, he was the one on call the day of mine and Yuri's delivery. Little infections there and here, he elicited mum out of that laborious condition. He's like the uncle we never had. I mean definitely he was younger back then but if one looked closer, his youthfulness was every much still left intact.

"Same here," Yuri interjects, making sure I don't spit something rude at my state of the moment. "How are they doing?"

His forehead creases. "Your mother is fine, just a minor brain hemorrhage we can work on."

"And our father?"

"Your father, when he was brought in had severe bleeding in half of his body. Some punctured nerves-"

"What are you saying?" I ask calloused.

"Your father has Myocardial Contusion."

I can hear the sound of Yuri's eyeball shifting uncomfortably through the silence. "What does that mean?"

" It- It means injury to the heart is a blow to the chest that bruises the heart muscle, tears the heart's walls, or damages a the heart valve." I croak. For once I appreciate Kai's studying for his residency with me. It doesn't make me feel like a dilettante.

"Correct." Doctor praises. "Simplifying it, it means that his heart rhythm is abnormal."

"What could have caused it?"

"It could have been caused by a fall from a height, or less often a direct blow."

"If he has a myocardial Contusion," I whisper. "Why don't you perform an heart surgery?"

"The injury in his heart is at a point that if we attempt to perform a surgery, we might end up killing him too soon." His eyes gloom in disappointment and sadness.

I don't like this one bit. I don't like the pitifully look on his face that makes my family look so broken. Months ago, we were happy. Happy- the were much alive. We were at ease even though I didn't want them to embark onto that space ship. If only they'd just listened to me.

It dawned on me again; what really happened on that space ship? What hurt them? Whatever did, just found vindictive on my part.

I replay everything the doctor just said in my head and something heavy dawned on me.

"What do you mean?"

His brows creases. "What?"

"What did you mean when you said 'killing him too soon'?" My eyes teary and blurry, I send him a demanding look.

Yuri on the other hand looks discern to the situation.

The doctor shook his head, apologetic. "I'm sorry, both of you but, " he pauses and swallows thickly. "Your father is on life support."

°˖✧◝◜✧˖°°˖✧◝◜✧˖°°˖✧◝▿◜✧˖°°˖✧◝▿◜✧˖°

[A/N]
Unedited

[A/N] Unedited