On the Road

"ROOOAAARRRR" I scream in Travis' ear, making him smack at me blindly. He was such a wuss, with his eye-cover thingie over his face, trying to sleep in the middle of the day. "Come on man, we'll be at warped soon, what are ya doing sleeping, ya wanker" I say, ducking away before his fist can reach me. "Seriously Xie, if you don't shut your goddamn mouth right now, I'll beat you to shit" he said, groaning. "Oooooo I'm real scared now" I teased, shaking my hands in front of me.

"Why don't you just shut up and go practice how you're gonna greet your frigging wet dreams ok?" he said, uninterestedly waving his arm in my general direction. "Hey that's gross shut up they're rockers, not porn stars" I huffed. "Same difference" he said, smirking. "Are you calling me a porn star you little bitch?" I said, clenching my fists. "Ha that's a laugh" he said, shaking his head.

Before I could retort a snappy comment back, Gus and Doug's voice floated from the front seat of the van. "SHUT THE HELL UP!" they screamed at us. This was somewhat of a normal occurrence. Even though we were the best of friends, Travis and I bicker and fight a lot. A lot. Like at least half of the day is spent on us fighting, and the other half is rocking.

"Hmmph" I said, crossing my arms and pouting. They never let me get the last say, the meanies. "Aww poor little Xie didn't get to finish the fight, the wittle baby-ow!" Travis teased, before I punched him on the arm. "Bitch" he muttered. "Wanker" I whispered back, sticking my tongue out. That'll teach him to make fun of me, hmph.

"Ok losers we're here" Gus yelled, parking the car and hopping out. I pushed Travis and scrambled to the front, but he pulled me back and stepped over me. " You little bitch, it's on!" I said, grabbing his ankles and pulling them out from underneath him. He fell to the ground and I hopped over him, grinning triumphantly as I got out of the van first.

"OH YEAH! SUCK MY DICK YA WANKER!" I yelled, laughing at him. He pushed me, and I shoved him back. Gus and Doug rolled their eyes and grabbed our arms, dragging us away.

"I swear if you guys don't get your shit together, were gonna get fucking kicked out before we can even play a show" Doug grumbles. He always is worrying about this and that, never just taking time to enjoy it.

"Holy shit holy shit holy shit all these bands all these bands all these bands" I squeal, looking around. Everywhere I look I see band members, saviors, sexy, wonderful, and talented people. "Xie don't fangirl stop it" Gus whisper-yells, dragging me away from all the people. "I think she's broken" Travis says, poking my cheek. I scowl at whack at him, then go back to staring, or rather swooning, at the band members.

For years I've dreamed of meeting them. And now I can. For years I've dreamed about making it to warped as a band, and now here I am. It's a fucking amazing feeling, knowing that everything is finally working out alright.

"Come on guys we have to get to the Soundcheck! We're on stage in a couple hours and we still need to set up and check everything, then it's the meet and greet, and then we have a signing and then.........." Gus' voice drones on, yapping about all the stuff we have to do and the schedule and blah di blah blah.

But I wasn't paying attention, because I had found what, or rather, who, I was searching for. There they were, standing there in all their gorgeous glory.

Black Veil Brides.