𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE,

 ═════════════╗CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE,

tired of being alone
╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

RUBBING HER EYES in an attempt to wake herself up Angie attempted to make her way down the stairs in the early morning. It was a struggle for to have any sleep most nights, but the storm sparking her own childish fears made it worse. The smell of breakfast woke her up easily for her to catch Michael behind the stove cooking. He turned over to her with a grin to raise up the spatula in his hands. "As angelic as ever even in the morning." Michael spun back to cooking again with a light air in his tone of voice. "Did you get some sleep?"

Becoming embarrassed over last night she cleared her throat to take a seat one of the stools in the kitchen. "Uh— barely," She admitted only to watch him casually dismiss her over this statement. Being handed a cup of coffee, he raised a brow to her. The sunshine seeping from outside shining in his pale blue eyes she watched him continue this way silently. Clearing his throat she took the cup to look down in order for her to be able to speak her thanks for his kindness. "Thanksforlastnight."

Watching her try to mutter, Michael was amused over her becoming flustered by it. "Sorry? Didn't quite catch that," He mocked, Angie only giving him a glare in over this for him to stop just as fast. Going back to fixing their plates he didn't tease her anymore. "Didn't know you could even be scared of anything."

"Constantly surprising you it seems," She joked, watching him laugh over this and smiled seeing the way he could find the stale humour amusing, "Thanks for being there though. I mean it."

Michael already knew this to be true, slightly shoving the plate of pancakes in her direction. "I'll always be there." He grinned over her gauging over the romantics that could've been drawn from the comment. "Whether you want me to or not."

Hiding her grin, Angie looked down to the food instead. "Wouldn't expect anything less from you, pretty boy." Lifting her head towards the time she nearly spit out her coffee over how late she'd slept in. Being a rush thereafter, she left the kitchen towards her room to get dressed.

Michael, who had been appreciating getting her to soften up to him even just an ounce, watched on confused. Slowly he followed her up the stairs to lean against her doorway awaiting an explanation. "Am I missing something?"

"I think so. I feel like I'm missing something at least," Angie responded though it seemed it was more towards herself as opposed to the actor watching her act sporadically. Trying to snap her fingers to jog her memory, the act didn't prove to be enough to have her grab her bag instead. Looking through frantically for the calendar section within the planner she then slumped onto the bed. "You're not scheduled today?"