07 The Alpha Ceremoney*

Random fact...
Wolves in the pack will "babysit" the pups to give momma a break.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"You're up to something." Ruby says as we walk to the clearing for the ceremony.

"Why would you say that?" I ask.

"You have a crummy poker face, Bella." She taunts.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say innocently.

"Listen, this is a big day for my brother... please don't ruin it." She looks so serious, which is odd for her. I nod.

"He said I couldn't participate anyway. I'm only here because he asked." I tell her. She sighs.

"Good... I'm so excited! Malak and I will be Betas, and Alic will be Alpha in a few short hours!" She grins suddenly happy again.

"Hours?" I ask.

"Yeah, well, since the pack is changing Alpha Bloodlines, every member must align with the new Alpha. It will take a while." She says.

"I may bail early." I say prepping my plan. "You know, since I have no real reason to be here... I'm not a member of the pack." She looks saddened by my word but nods.

"If you can't stay, I understand... but try, please? Alic really wants you here." She begs.

"I'll stay as long as I can." I tell her, and she smiles.

"That's all I ask."

°•°•°•°•°•

Okay, so this thing is taking FOREVER! First, Aaron and Lilly both gave their Alpha Positions to Alic, and then the people started lining up to shake hands with him. It's been over an hour of hand shaking! Each person says the same words "I (whatever your name is) devote my life to you, Alpha King Alaric Grayson, and to the Royal Pack."

I wait patiently until only ten people remain in line before excusing myself. Right now, Alic looks drained. You wouldn't notice if you weren't around him as much, but he just looks less himself. My guess is blood loss or the countless times he has reopened his hand as it heals. The hand looks raw from the constant slashing.

I tell Ruby I'm going home and slip into line, pulling up the hood on the hoodie I'm wearing. Slowly, one by one, the connection is made with each person until their is only one in front of me. The rest of the over 1000 wolves are waiting in the crowd watching.

"I, Devon Denoia, devote my life to you, Alpha King Alaric Grayson, and to the Royal Pack." She says.

With a nod, the girl runs off the other side of the stage. I quickly grab the knife and slit my palm, grabbing his hand. I say the words as quickly as I can.

"I, Isabella Sanders, devote my life to you, Alpha King Alaric Grayson, and to the Royal Pack." I ramble off before looking at him.

His jaw drops, and then his eyes darken.

"Bella!" He growls.

Suddenly, something takes over me, and I grab hold of him.

"Mine!" I hear myself growl before sinking my teeth into his neck. I quickly feel him reciprocate the action and am filled with an unexplainable pleasure.

"Mate." He hums, kissing where he bit me.

"Okay!" Malakai takes the stage. "Presenting our Alpha King... and his Luna Queen." The crowd cheers, and I snap out of it. What just happened? "Get her out of here, Alic!" Malak whispers, seeing my panicked expression.

Alic takes my hand and leads me off the stage and back towards the pack house. I feel sparks of electricity where our hands meet and am confused. What is going on!? He is silent until we reach his office, followed closely by Malak and Ruby.

"I sent them all home... they're happy for you. They saw it as a welcome surprise." Malak says, closing the door.

"Why did you do that, Bella?... do you even know what you just did?" Alic asks, sitting on the edge of his desk looking at me.

"I... I don't know what happened. I joined the pack, and then something else took over... did I bite you?" I ask, confused. He pulls his shirt to reveal the perfect scar of my teeth on his skin. I put my hand to my neck.

"It scared... it's not a bad enough injury to scar!... I'm sorry, Alic, I didn't mean to hurt you!" I cry out.

"I'm gonna send some emails and let the other Alphas know what happened. Hopefully, they won't be offended at the lack of invitation." Malak says, trying not to smile.

"I'll help." Ruby says, and they leave.

"It's not a scar." Alic says, guiding me to sit on the couch in the corner. He sits next to me and continues. "Well... it is, but it's more than that, and you didn't hurt me... you marked me. And I marked you." He smiles, moving my hair to reveal the bite. He leans forward, then controls himself and pulls away.

"Mark?" I ask. He sighs.

"This would be so much easier if your wolf would come back... you marked me as yours, and you are now mine." He says.

"Your what?" I ask.

"My mate, Bella, and I am yours." He tells me.

"Mate? You make no sense, Alic!" I yell.

"Malakai and Ruby, Aaron and Lilly, your momma and poppa... they are all mates. The one person made for you... dang it! I knew you weren't ready! Without your wolf, this all sounds crazy!... I talked to Aaron and studied this! I told you you couldn't join the pack like that! I told you we would lose control! Bella... I wanted this to be perfect... I'm so sorry. You deserve better." He rambles.

"Made for me?... how do you know that I'm your mate?" I say ignoring the rest.

"Because you're scent, your beauty, your voice, the sparks, and my wolf. He recognized you before I did." He says, smiling.

"Sparks! I felt that when you pulled me here." I tell him, and he grins, placing a hand on my face. I feel more of a buzz than the electric sparks I felt before. "They are weakening." I say, and his face falls.

"Stupid wolf!" He yells. "She's leaving again!" I hear a whimper in my mind, and I know it's her.

"She is upset... she doesn't like you being mad at her." I tell him.

"I'm sorry, little wolf... please..." he pauses and grins like he just got an idea. "Bella, I want you to relax. Empty your mind."

"Why?" I ask.

"I told you I researched us.. this... well, anything I could do to help... well, I think I can get to your wolf since you can't control her yet... you see, when you grow up with a wolf, you learn to subconsciously control them. You don't even try, so no matter what, your wolf can't take over your human body. You don't have that, so I might be able to talk to her." He explains, and I nod.

I lean back and close my eyes. I empty my mind and wait for more instructions.

"Okay, little wolf... I need to talk to you. Please, I'm concerned for Bella... please talk to me." He begs.

I feel her whine. Slowly, I fall back into my mind just like before. Soon, I feel my lips move, but I'm not the one speaking.

"Hello, Mate."