CHAPTER VI: Do You Love Him?

"Whoa, wait...Are you serious, An Ziyan's alive and still kicking?" Li Ming covered his mouth so that he can't be heard by anyone; he was at a party again together with some girls.

"Yes, what should I do about it now?" Mai Ding was at the lobby of the company he was assigned with the project.

"Are you stupid, so what if he's engage and has memory loss, seduce him at this instant and make him realize your worth?" Li Ming stood up and went outside the hall of the restaurant.

"What, are you crazy, do you think were still the students that we used to be before?" Mai Ding retorted.

Li Ming grumbled at the phone "You keep whining; I can't forget him, I can't love anyone but him and I can't move on with my life if it's not with An Ziyan although he's there in the flesh your turning back now, are you dumb?"

"But ...What if he feels sickened by the fact he dated a guy, we both know he's straight just before he met me." Mai Ding is still having doubts.

"Do you love him?" Li Ming scratched his head; he's thinking that his friend doesn't realize that he should just confess to An Ziyan like he did before.

"Yes, Of course I do but..." Mai Ding hesitated to continue.

His Otaku friend heaved a heavy sigh; "Then move your ass and get him back."

"Hey, I thought you'll continue with a long list of questions. What's with that?" Mai Ding was at a lost.

Clicking his tongue, "That's the ultimate question of all questions, Bye now I'm also on my way to a happy love life. Good Luck." Then Li Ming hanged up.

" Oi, wait up, Li Ming?" It was too late, his friend had already ended the call.

***

As he was passing by the hallway, Mai Ding can feel the hatred and jealousy from the people around him through their whispers.

"Is that the one who fainted at the party, he doesn't look that trustworthy for his work?"

"How lame, making Mr. An tend to him that night. That was the first time I saw him do that."

"Is he really that important to be a part of this project, so ordinary looking?"

"It was outrageous, indeed. I should be the one he's holding in his arms."

He comprehended that the one who helped him back at the hotel was An Ziyan, himself. Although he felt happy knowing about it, Mai Ding was still affected by their words, he was really serious about this venture.

An Ziyan went to the rooftop to smoke when he saw Mai Ding at the rails moping, he asked him what happened then the bespectacled man told what occurred that morning.

"Those with dreams will flourish and those without will deteriorate. The one who works hard will bear fruit, unlike the latter they'll just drown themselves with envy, just do your best." An Ziyan comforted him.

***

Nevertheless, Mai Ding expressed his gratitude by persistently wanting to treat him. They were at a coffee shop not far away from their workplace.

"Why didn't you say so that you helped me?" Mai Ding enquired happily.

"Tch...Troublesome." An Ziyan just grunted.

***

An Ziyan continued to determine about the life he has back at home with this "friend of his" as they meet after work frequently. However, every time Mai Ding tells, a squeeze on his heart can be felt.

He was omitting the truth about their relationship. For him that instance was torture.

"Are you still a virg..." An Ziyan was cut short.

Mai Ding coughed his coffee. "What are you saying, asshole, Ah!" Mai Ding realized that he talks the same way to him like before that's why he stopped.

"So you're lively now, stupid." He sneered at him contentedly.

"You..." Mai Ding thought that although this person memory with him was lost, he realized that his bad personality is an innate one.

Mai Ding looked in front of him, he was silently staring at this haughty man like there's no tomorrow. He was examining him, if the one sitting next to him was the real thing or not.

'I want to feel him' Mai Ding thought. His lover was right there beside him and he can't do anything to convey his feelings.

"Have you stared enough, are your eyes satisfied with what it saw? " An Ziyan had awaken him up from his trance, he saw the bespectacled guy looking at him with ease and tease him mockingly.

Mai Ding just glared at him but replied anyway. "Hey An Ziyan, I have a stupid question for you."

An Ziyan frowned and retorted "If it's stupid then don't ask Idiot."

"Come on now don't be such a spoiled sport. After you answer this one then... I won't ask anything again." Mai Ding smiled bitterly at him.

"Tsk. Then ask now." The man said to him with indifference.

'It's now or never' Mai Ding thought.

He then heaved a heavy sigh and continued to tell him "Na, An Ziyan, then which do you like most, boys or girls?" [1]An Ziyan doesn't know if he'll be stunned or not, this idiot had indeed ask him a stupid one.

Mai Ding stared at him fully and thought: 'Please, please just say it with all honesty.'

"What if I say, I like to do both?"[2]He bent forward and looked at Mai Ding with a smirk.

With that, Mai Ding was silent for a while, his eyes filled with disbelief.

"I... I have to go now." Mai Ding exited the cafe.

An Ziyan was left there wondering. But he definitely saw something out of the ordinary.

"That guy, why is he..."He's supposed to tell it was a joke.

But before An Ziyan could say that, He saw Mai Ding's face was in the verge of tears.

If only An Ziyan knew what he has done, He will never thought that those words have opened the old wounds; the start of a blossoming affection that Mai Ding's has for him, his love.

***

Mai Ding walks towards the long hall of the hotel and halted. He pushed the elevator button then entered the narrow space and leaned on the wall behind him.

Mai Ding felt like he was reliving the past. History is repeating itself all over again.

'Do you love him?' He recalled Li Ming's question in his mind again.

" I love you." His heart begins to pound again loud and clear. Closing his eyes Mai Ding said out loud without a thought.

'Even if you can't remember me I'll try my best to take you back. I'll make you walk by my side again.' [3]From that moment on, he decided. He put that idea close to his heart. TBC

[1] In reference to Mai Ding's question that started it all in both novel and movie

[2] In reference to the answer from our beloved seme, An Ziyan in both novel and movie

[3] In reference to Mai Ding's decision when he thought An Ziyan was bisexual