Epilogue P1: Coming home

Start from the beginning

“We’ve been dating for nearly a year” Akaashi cocked a brow.

He slowly shifted, turning and repositioning so he was settled in Bokut’s lap instead, thighs pressed against his boyfriends.

Bokuto was also sleepy, features soft against a usually sharp-angled face.

“It’s not like there’s a lot you don’t know about me” Akaashi mumbled.

“Of course there is. I didn’t even know you had a cat 3 months into when we were dating” Bokuto laid his arms either side of Akaashis waist, playing idly with the hem of his shirt.

“I told you I had a cat, you just didn’t remember. I guess it doesn’t help that she only visits once a week. I raised her to be too independent...Oh, that reminds me, we need to take your animals off to Kuroo’s before we leave an-”. He was stopped by a finger to his lips.

“Sh sh sh, we aren’t talking about that right now” Bokuto tutted, shaking his head side to side.

“Bokuto, it’s nearly 12” he pushed the hand away, unimpressed.

“Come on, just finish our game. One last fact” Bokuto pleaded, jutting his bottom lip out in his famous pout.

“Fine. Hmm… I’m gay” Akaashi looked at him, nonchalantly.

“Akaashiiiii!” Bokuto wailed, throwing his head back onto the couch.

Akaashi feigned a small gasp.
“Surprising, I know! Especially after all those very heterosexual make-outs we participate in” his smile curled into a smirk.

“That’s it. We have to pack” Bokuto announced loudly - As if it were his idea in the first place.

“Finally” Akaashi muttered, standing up.

He stretched out his arms and rolled his wrists as he reached the balcony. With a big heft, he threw the curtains away, bathing the room in bright sunlight.

The day was beautiful with clear blue skies looking out over the city.

Bokuto screeching from the couch about being blinded was just the cherry on top.

~~~

“Akaashi!!! Help, I’m about to die!”.

“Not literally”.

“Literally!!!!”.

“Pay no attention, Keiji”.

Akaashi had just walked through the agency's doors and before he could even get a word out, Kuroo, Matsukawa and Oikawa were harassing him.

Not that the sight around them was anymore assaulting.

They were all sitting around a coffee table laid in the middle of the room, a monopoly board adorning the top.

A few bottles of alcohol lay scattered over different surfaces, confetti littered the floor and there happened to be a picture of Oikawa stuck to a wall with darts in it.

“I- Kuroo you don’t even work here” Akaashi broke off as he walked forward, accidentally kicking a bottle on the floor forward across the carpet.