Arc 2- Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

He looked at me with a slight smirk and winked.

"Well, well, it seems we were made for each other, don't you think?" He said with a sly glint in his eyes.

"Yes, you were made for me to advance. I can easily take your nucleus now and level up. Thanks~" I said spinning my sword in my hand.

He gulped nervously but still tried to maintain his confident farce.

I moved closer and held the sword right above his head, he couldn't move at all since he was severely injured, which reminds me; who could cause this to a level 8 zombie?

"One more thing before I kill you, who did this to you? Where you ambushed or what?" I asked smiling at him.

"Do you care about me? That's so cute. To answer your question, three level 9 humans ambushed me, I managed to kill two of them though and escaped but not without getting all this injuries." He said with a smirk still hanging on his face as if he forgot he might die soon.

Level 7 humans are usually leaders of a base, level 8 humans are extremely rare and level 9 humans have not even been found yet. But three level 9 humans went after him, which is weird and slightly suspicious since he wouldn't really help them level up so why would they gang up on him?

None of that is my concern though, I should just focus on my missions and leave this world.

"Ok, thanks for the info. You can die now~" I said bringing down the sword towards his head.

"Wait!" He said and I paused.

"What? Say it fast, I have things to do and people to run from" I said with a slightly annoyed smile.

"I... I love you. You wouldn't kill someone that loves you, right? That was even the reason I didn't kill you last time, I think you are awesome and cool, plus you are the perfect girl for me. Even if we aren't of the same species, we can still be together. What do you say?" He asked looking at me with a sincere smile.

I looked at him for a while and made my decision.

[Ding! Side mission: Kill a level 8 zombie. Completed! Reward: 1,000 experience points!]

'This is even less than the other one~'

[Well, it wasn't really hard to kill a severely injured zombie *eye roll*]

'Maybe~'

I sat down and started to absorb the level 8 nucleus.

"I have broken through to level 8! Now, I just need to get back to Kyle and leave this world~" I said, looking around.

I spent 3 hours absorbing the nucleus while Little que protected me from any stray zombies.

I made my way to Kyle through the help of Little que's navigation and met Kyle and my parents.

"Where were you, young lady?!" My mom asked looking at me angrily.

"I am sorry, I was just trying to level up and get enough nucleus for the base to flourish more" I said apologetically as my dad looked at me in surprise.

"Fiona, what level are you? Your level seems to be higher than mine since it is pressurizing me!" He said as they all looked at me in surprise.

"Hmm... I am in level 8" I said looking away.

"What?! Level 8?! That is so high! You are a prodigy!" They said surprised and hugged me.

'You see, with this, they will be more happy and not question me again~'

[Yeah, I guess so. Good job host]

We made our way back to the base with the volunteers after they calmed down.

[Ding! Main mission: Keep Kyle safe till he gets back to the base. Completed! Reward: 2,500 experience points]

'I am not even bothering to complain about the reward. I want to leave now'

[Ding! Host's soul successfully removed!]

*3rd person's Pov*

This time, not a lot of people noticed Fiona's change, only Kyle knew that something changed in Fiona. The only other person who could know was Shirley who was busy being praised because her dad came up with the cure.

Shirley didn't marry Ashton since she never saved him and he didn't feel anything for her. The zombie that was supposed to have injured Ashton was already killed by Starfire while she was leveling up, so Ashton was safe and still owned his own base but didn't care about Shirley even with her popularity.

Fiona felt weird when she came back but shrugged it off and was happy being a level 8 and also getting her brother back.

And so, they all lived happily ever after, well... except for that level 8 zombie but who cares about him, right?