𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

Her eyes scanned the room of dresses colored every color imaginable, hoping to spot one familiar face amongst them. The crowd parted, everyone still staring at her. She continued to glance their way, peering in every corner.

Then her eyes met his as the crowd parted further. Those familiar sky blues she had once seen before.

Kit was walking towards her with a beaming smile on her face, his eyes lit up with warmth. She instinctively took a step forward, the crowd parting farther.

She could feel more heat rising up to her cheeks, her heart leaping out of her chest. She felt strangely nervous, and she couldn't tell if that was a good or a bad thing. She'd never felt this way before, never had someone look at her the way he did.

A small smile wove its way onto her cheeks. The crowd parted as she took more steps towards him.

The crowd parted farther, revealing more than his face. He was wearing a mainly white outfit, embroidered with light blue details.

The sound of his black, shin high boots clicking across the marble floor was the only thing she focused on, tuning out the other murmurs or gasps as the crowd parted. Her heart thundered in her chest now at every step he took closer and closer.

Every step she took forward became more and more quick, until she stood right in front of him.

"Kit..." Bea said with a small smile.

"It's you..." Kit's voice was mesmerized, his lips parting slightly as he took in every detail of her face, more beautiful than he had remembered. She was still the same, though she definitely looked different. Beneath her, the long folds of the white dress extended, like a cloud.

But all Kit could focus on was her face, the way her brown eyes melted into his.

"Indeed." Bea let out a small smirk, which earned a small laugh from Kit. Bea's smile widened at the sound. Somehow, the happiness in the air was contagious. There in the grand ballroom with Kit, she could be free to be herself. No more Valina, and no more duties.

She could be with Kit, who made her happy, and suddenly self-conscious. She never cared about how she looked much till now. Strange thoughts and questions ran through her head, like what if her hair was frizzy and she looked like there was a big poof on her head. It puzzled even herself.

"Your highness, If I may...that is, it would give me the greatest pleasure, if you would do the honor of letting me lead you through this..first..." Kit trailed off, gulping. His eyes were filled with a nervous panic. Bea chuckled at his nervous state, bemused.

"Dance?" She raised an eyebrow. Kit's sighed in relief, which made Bea laugh.

"Yes, dance. That's it." Kit gulped, giving a helpless smile. Bea and him laughed together.

The laughter quieted down. Bea stared at him with adoration, smiling slightly when he met her gaze. They both stared into each other's eyes, tucked in a comfortable silence.

Kit's hesitated before wrapping his hand around her waist, drawing her closer. He wore a small smile on his face, tucking his hand behind his back. Bea was so nervous all she could do was stare.

And then they were flying, their feet moving slowly to the melody that sounded through the ballroom. Kit's hand on her waist was firm, guiding her into a gentle sway. Bea felt as if she was on a cloud as they both turned, her white dress doing it's own dance in twirls and sways.

Bea focused on the slight wind tickling her face as Kit used his palm to turn her outwards before bringing her back to face him, his other hand touched the left side of her waist. The crowd let out a stifled gasp, Bea tuning them out to focus on Kit's face.