It's Quite Rude...

Will opened Hannibal's office door, eyes trained on him as soon as they noticed him. He walked inside, keeping a wide birth from Lector.

Hannibal looked up from his drawing he was currently working on, raising an eyebrow. "Something wrong love?" Will rolled his eyes at Hannibal's question.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Hannibal. Why was (y/n) on the verge of a panic attack when she left your office?" Hannibal sobered at what Will said, surprised.

"I didn't realize that what I said had so much affect on her. I need to apologize to her as soon as I can," Will rolled his eyes again, crossing his arms.

Hannibal stood, moving towards Will, only for Will to back away. Hannibal stopped, tilting his head.

"Hannibal, why are you doing this to her? You're messing with her mind, just like you did mine." 

Will had forgiven Hannibal for all that he had done, but doing to it someone he cared about was something he wouldn't stand for. 

Hannibal took a deep breath, hesitating. His confidence he seemed to radiate seemed to diminish slightly. "I don't want her to know. I don't want her to know how I feel, and so I treat her like I treated you in the beginning. That needs to change, but I'm... scared," Hannibal admitted, sitting down in his chair behind his desk.

Will softened at the admission, walking over to hug Hannibal. "I'm glad you admitted that, but you still have to apologize, and I would say soon." Hannibal nodded, pulling Will closer to breath in his scent.

"I will," was all he said, pulling Will into his lap.

***

You sit on your motel bed, scrolling through Twitter, feeling like you wanted to curling into a ball and never moving again. Your mood shifts a bit when you see a text message from (y/b/f). You smile, opening it.

(Y/b/f): Bruh, it's been like a month, why the fuck haven't you text me?

You laugh out loud, full blown grinning for what feels like the first time in forever.

You: I know, but with the investigations and my meetings that I have with Hannibal, I don't have much time. Also, I dont have much that I can talk about with you

(Y/b/f): Meetings with Hannibal? Girl, the internet would go crazy on you if they knew you were in on the investigation. People would kill you for getting in the way of Hannigram.

You cover your mouth, trying not to laugh loud enough to wake up the people in the rooms next to you. It felt good, and you felt that happiness spread a little as you read the text.

 You laugh again, forgetting that the rest of the internet doesn't know Hannigram is real and poly.

You: I know. But honestly girl, the internet would freak if I told them the stuff that I've learned about those two in the past month

You pale when you remember that Will is a suspect of being the Ripper's Maiden, trying to drown out the thought as soon as it came to your head, trying to keep the happiness alive.

(Y/b/f): WHAT?!?! Tell me plz, what did you learn that would freak the internet out over? Is HanNiGRaM ReaL!111!!

You laugh at her joke, but the pure joy that you had felt a moment ago was gone. The feeling of confusion and hopelessness was back, and you felt your throat close up slightly. You go to type that of course Hannigram isn't real, but you just can't force yourself to lie to her. You think of a way to say it without saying it, but you decide to just deflect.

You: Honestly, with all that has happened, I feel like shit. Insomnia and nightmares are back, plus a good helping of panic attacks too

(Y/b/f): I'm sorry. I wish I could hug you. You are strong, and the feelings will pass. You know you can talk to me, and even if some stuff is "confidential" I can still try and get your mind off of it. I'm here.