future pt.1

2023!

instagram

liked by 23,131,345 users

aimee: never would i have thought i would be on the cover of vogue, but here i am! go check it out ;)

load comments...

VOGUE

Aimee Johnns from YouTube to Modeling

Aimee Johnns has always dreamed of being a model but saw the goal as unattainable. She started to do YouTube videos to distract from her underlying goal. Little did she know, her YouTube career is exactly what she needed to get to where she is today.

Thank you for joining us today, Aimee

Thank you so much for having me! It's a dream, really.

Recently Forbes posted there highest paid models list, how does it feel to be at the very top, with an income of estimated $30.2 million last year, and what was your reaction?

It is very surreal to me. I never in a million years could've imagined this. It is actually a funny story of how I found out. I was keeping myself distracted all day and I heard yelling coming from my boyfriend, Zach, and his bandmates. I ran into the room they were in to see what they were doing and they all ran over and hugged me and were congratulating me, it was crazy.

That is so nice! We know that this industry isn't easy, but how was it transitioning from YouTube to runways?

Yeah, it wasn't easy at all. I still have people to this day not taking me seriously because I started on Youtube, but everyone starts somewhere. People have told me I don't deserve it but I just use comments like that to make me work harder to prove them wrong. I was afraid my subscribers would be upset with me because I wouldn't be as focused on YouTube, but they were very supportive which, in turn, gave me a lot of confidence.

Many have been talking about your start on YouTube which has brought up the conversation of your old friends, Talula and Delilah, who started with you on Youtube. What happened with that?

Lots of people still ask me about this even though it happened awhile ago. I mean what's in the past is in the past. Many people have been accusing me of letting 'fame' get to my head and leaving my true friends behind, but those are just accusations. I'm not going to go into detail, but people started to pin us against each other and at first we thought they were crazy, but I think eventually they started to feed into it, which is what lead to the infamous twitter fight and unfollows.

How do you stand now with them?

We have worked things out awhile ago. I see delilah every so often because she is dating my boyfriend's bandmate, Daniel. We will see each other in passing and say hi. I mean are civil and mature people, no need for gossiping and being rude. I have so much respect for them and they know I will always be there for them. As of right now, there is still some tension but I hope one day we can get back to where we were.

That's nice, I hope so too! Recently your ex-boyfriend, Xander Moore, came out as bisexual with his boyfriend. What was your reaction?

I am so proud of him! We stayed really close throughout the breakup and are still really close. We still text a lot and will meet up whenever we are in the same city at the same time. A few months after we broke up when we met up, he came out to me. He was scared to see how I would react, which I understand because it is a scar thing, but I've been there for him and will always continue to do so.

Speaking of ex-boyfriends, last year you revealed you were back together with your now current, then-ex, Zach Herron. How did that turn about?

Zach and I broke up at one of our roughest patches. We had unresolved feelings for each other and never fell out of love. When Xander broke up with me, he told me to go and tell Zach how I feel. So I honestly owe it all to him.

That's so cute! You just came out with your own clothing brand, H4PPYLIFE, tell us about it.

H4PPYLIFE is a completely sustainable clothing brand. I made sure it was good for the environment because that is very important to me. 75% of the income go to a new charity every month, which is voted on, on our website. I have been working on this brand since 2020, so it's been a long time coming!

Thank you for interviewing with us, Aimee!

Thank you for having me!

Scroll for pictures from out photoshoot with Aimee!