"He took them Jason..."

Jason looked for a pulse, there wasn't any.

His little brother was gone.

*
Bruce was in the middle of an important meeting. He had asked Tim to go for some important documents and come back, but he hasn't come back yet.

"Tim where the hell are you?" He picked up his phone when Tim called.

"Tim?" He repeated when there was only silence.

"Bruce, you have to come back...it's Damian..."

Bruce was about to ask what his son had done, but judging by the sad voice he could hear from Tim he was probably crying, that could only mean that some tu big horrible had happened.

"I'll be there in 10"

He was there in 8, he didn't cared about those old white men screaming at each other in the meeting, he needed to know what had happened to his son.

He didn't cared about passing almost every red light he found.

When he arrived no one opened the door.

He ran searching for anyone all over the place, he then received a text from Jason.

Medbay.

Jason was here?

He went to the medbay, and found his sims around his youngest who was in the bed.

There was no heartbeat.

He had lost him, again.

*
Damian had left them a note.

For anyone who cared enough found my body.

This is a goodbye, I don't want to come back. Ever since Jon left and came back older, ever since Alfred died because of me, ever since Dick, or now Ric made very clear that he didn't wanted to do anything to do with us...with me, I've got no longer to live for.

Father has been neglecting me and so is the rest of the family, not that it surprises me coming from Drake and Todd, but even Cass is, my team don't want me, the same way my mother and grandfather didn't.

I started cutting myself a year ago, nobody noticed.
I stopped going to patrol months ago, nobody noticed.
I stopped talking a month ago, nobody noticed.
I stopped going to school weeks ago, nobody noticed.
I stopped eating a week ago, nobody noticed.
I stopped going out of my room days ago, and nobody noticed.

Just the same way you probably won't notice I'm gone.

So please, don't be so hypocrites to bring me back. I don't want to live this way anymore.

So this is a goodbye,
Definitely.

Damian.

Tim read the letter once with tears on his eyes, had he really neglected his brother the same way his parents had neglected him when he was younger?

He was an asshole.

And so was the rest of this family, abuse had more than one way, it wasn't always physical or with words, not even showing either of them was also one.

*
There were two funerals for Damian, the public one, and the private one, where only friends of Damian and the family went.

Dick didn't had the strength to show up.

If he had just arrived a couple of hours, maybe minutes, before, his little brother would still be here and he wouldn't be wearing black clothes.

Dick blamed himself, he was an horrible brother and father to Damian, he had left him with Bruce at first, and then again when he lost his memory.

Bruce spoke at both funerals, most people were surprised to see him with tears while speaking and not bothering to clean them.

He didn't cared at all, he was broken, he had failed Damian once again.

Meanwhile Jason punched and killed any criminal who passed on his path, he hadn't talked with the brat a lot since he left the league, but he felt so guilty, he had been the first older brother Damian had and he had abandoned him, and now there was no way to fix things.

*

Time started to pass by, Bruce had felt empty ever since, Tim had barely talked to him ever since, it was like living alone in the huge manor.

They had been still mourning Alfred's dead when Damian committed suicide.

It was so painful, loosing his father, and now his son.

He was a failure.

Everyone in Gotham could see how Batman had changed, it was similar to what happened years ago when the second Robin passed away.

But this continued for more time, with no new Robin at his side, he had been swallowed by darkness, and so did the rest of the family.