Epilogue.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The heartbeat sound from ECG was echoing. A faint smell of lilies engulfed the room.

I blinked several times, trying to figure it out, why and how I am here.

Everything around me was white and peaceful.

Next to me, a bouquet of lilies with getting well soon card was placed.

Outside, the sky was clear. The curtains of the windows were pull up.

And then I saw the news, the breaking news.

The TV was flashing the news of Robert and Caleb.

Caleb!

Breaking news: IT'S BEEN TWO DAYS, SINCE THE DEATH OF ROBERT AND CALEB RIVERS. BUT WE STILL HAVE NO CLUE WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT. THIS SECRET CAN ONLY BE REVEAL BY BEATRICE BORROMEO, WHO IS STILL IN COMA."

Coma!

What nonsense!

I tried to move my hand and legs, but nothing.

What the crap! I was yelling, doctor! Can somebody help me, but no sound was coming from me.

And before I could try anything, my body dragged me to deep, lonely sleep.

A gun was sitting on Robert's work desk. I checked, and it was fully loaded, giving me a chance to shoot him, if any worst scenario happens.

Caleb punched Robert on his face, making him hit the wall hard. Caleb immediately turned towards me, " Trixie, you get out of here. And call help, till then I will stop him. Just go!"

And within the blink of my eye, I saw Robert grabbed the fireplace poker and stabbed Caleb from behind, making the rod piercing his body in front of me.

Caleb's eyes were wide open, blood flowing from his mouth, making his shirt drenched with blood. He fell to the ground with a loud thud. And nothing more.

"You bastard!! I will kill you!" I yelled.

And.

Bang. Bang.

Two bullets released from the gun and hit Robert's chest.

There was pin-drop silence when I dropped the gun, assuring myself that Robert can't harm me anymore.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

Lightning exploded outside.

And I saw Caleb's soul standing near the window, holding a something. It wasn't a knife, but the bracelet, which he had given me as my lifeline.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Trixie, I love you and will love you forever."

And he was gone.

My Caleb was gone forever.

I stood there, watching the rain splatter.

Thunder rumbled in the night, reminding me of me and Caleb's first window look.

I was his. And he was mine.

I opened my eyes to a bright light, remembering everything when I saw Caleb standing near the hospital window. He was shinning like a bright star. While resisting the urge to close my eyes, a sweet and musky scent surrounded me. He shoved his hands in his pockets and moved forward. He leaned towards me, and my heart shifted into gear. His warm breath caressed my neck, melting my frozen skin. I could see his eyes again.

Caleb drew his lips closer to mine; that sweet musky smell overwhelmed my senses.

Tears of joy rolled through my cheeks.

"Please come back and love me once again."

And Caleb Rivers, faded into the light.