Page 8

Watching beer pong typically bored me, but not when Natalie continued to kick everyone's ass. The girl was on fire. Plus, anytime the opposing team hit her cup, she asked me to drink it. It was already my sixth cup of beer.

"Are you going to play?" Someone from the opposite team asked.

Caught in my thoughts, I'd missed his approach. "Nope, this is all, Natalie." Tonight it's her birthday, and she was on fire. Boohoo.

Go, girl! Rock your party.

Natalie threw her hands in the air and yelled as she demolished, once again, another team. I turned around, and the guy was gone. His bad.

She grabbed one of the remaining cups of beer and walked away from the table. She drank half then handed the rest to me," I've got to pee."

She took a sharp left and closed the bathroom door behind her.

"Yep." Before I could say anything, she vanished out of my sight. I took the cup from her and finished it off. I didn't particularly care for the taste, but when at a kegger, you should never hesitate.

I enjoyed the warm fuzzy feeling the beer eventually brought on. The edges of my life didn't seem so bad then.

I threw my empty cups in the rubbish and wove through the crowd to the source of the pumping music. After twenty minutes of continuous beer, music, and dancing, I leaned against the wall and wished everything would stop moving.

I tried the doorknob to the bathroom, hoping to join Natalie there, but it didn't budge. Locked doors were in direct violation of the buddy system.

Screw it. I pushed off the wall and stumbled to the back door. Air, I needed lots of air.

I inhaled deeply the moment I stepped out onto the patio. The cold air burned my lungs and immediately nipped at the exposed skin on my neck and face. Unable to stand the alcohol in my body any more, I ran to the nearby bushes to vomit. My head was spinning or the ground, I had no idea.

"Here, have some water. You will feel better."

Come freaking on. Why on earth, it has to be him? I spun around and nearly ran into Caleb.

My legs wobbled, and before I hit the ground, Caleb's strong-arm grabbed me. He moved me near to a bench, where my body dropped.

"Do you have any issue with walking? Every time I see you, you are about to hit the ground." He stared into my eyes and waited for his response.

I pointed him my middle finger as a response, "Fuck you."

Caleb grabbed a bottle and gave it to me. The water gave me relief.

He was still standing there, waiting, if I could need something.

How could I have missed a body built like this? His unzipped jacket exposed his T-shirt, so tight I could see the curves of his muscles. And those grey eyes. He was hot.