Teach Me Some Alchemy - Part 2

A/N: Hi there! So I have to apologise again for taking so long to write this one shot, I simply had no time or I wasn't in the mood to write. But anyways, it's here now, I finally finished it! I hope you'll like it, and I also hope that you're all doing okay in this weird time. 

Also, thank you all so much for the 1K reads! I did not expect that to ever happen lol. It means so much to me :)

Have fun with reading, and happy holidays!

PS. Just like part one, this includes some swearing :)

********

It had been two weeks since your first lesson with Varian, and you'd made a heck of a progress. You could actually get formulas right now, and you understood pretty much everything. But that was not the only thing that had been going on. You had created something, something most people call 'feelings'.

Yes. You had feelings for Varian. You thought he was the cutest, smartest, funniest person ever. You really liked him. Something you weren't allowed to do. Of course, you weren't going to tell him, not anyone. You had no choice, because if your father found out about this, you'd be dead.

You also had no idea if Varian liked you back. You'd grown to be very good friends, and you two did flirt sometimes, but you could also just see it like flirting while he didn't mean it like that. Telling him you liked him was too risky, in multiple ways.

Oh, speaking of your progress in the alchemy business, you were going to have to show your father the progress you had made, by doing an experiment in Varian's lab, with your father watching. You were so looking forward to that. . . not. You were certain you were going to mess it up just because he would be watching, which was something that would always make you nervous. And then he would go crazy of course, and Varian was going to witness that.

Awesome.

These past two weeks, you had had multiple arguments with your father, and told Varian about it. He had been your mental support, which helped you a lot. Apparently, talking about your problems actually helped. So on that note, Varian knew all about your problems with your father, and he also knew damn well what the consequences would be if you'd break the rules he'd made up for you. And yet, your feelings for Varian kept growing. Just as they say, when it's not allowed you only want it more.

Today was the day of the of the "big" experiment. You were pretty nervous, but knowing that Varian would be standing by your side, ready to help when things would go wrong, made you a little calm.

"(Y/n), are you ready to go?" You heard your father scream from down the stairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" You yelled back from inside your room. You flew down the stairs and put your shoes and jacket on as fast as you could.

You left Corona together with your parents. Yes, your mother was coming too. You weren't afraid of her presence though, only of your fathers'. Varian and you were the only ones that actually knew you were getting better at alchemy. Your parents still had to see proof. Proof that you weren't sure you could give them, but you were going to try and keep your cool. You were praying that you weren't going to mess it up.

When you arrived at Varian's house, you all walked up to the door, already feeling the nerves go through your body.

*******

"Okay, let's begin." Your father said. You looked at Varian, who nodded. You knew that he was the only one in this room that believed in you. At least there's one person.