The Last Ingredient

This one shot switches from perspectives a few times, so pay attention to what is Varian's perspective and what is yours!

Varian's P.O.V

I'm trying to create a new remedy to heal plants and stop from dying, or well, to make them immortal. All the plants in Old Corona always die in the winter, so this would hopefully prevent them from doing so. I looked at the formula I'd created, and realized I'm missing something. I thought I almost finished the potion, but I realized I forgot one ingredient. It is a special dock plant leaf, that only grows deep in the forest. Oh, now I remember why I forgot it, I kept on procrastinating the trip to get it. I didn't want to go alone, I still don't. But all my friends are always busy, Rapunzel in the castle, Eugene as captain of the guards, Cassie with her Cassie-things and. . . Wait, maybe (Y/n) has time to come with me! Oh right, but I always get so clumsy and awkward around her. . . Well, I'll just have to try not to. (Y/n) is so cool, and I'm lucky to be her friend. But there's only one problem. The thing that makes me clumsy and awkward around her. . . 

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I'm at home. I'm cleaning up my room, in my cute house in Old Corona. Well, my parents' house. I never bought it, and I'm not there that much. I just sleep there, and even that I sometimes don't do. I'm always out and about with my friends, but not today. Today was the one day that I was home, doing stupid chores. Boringggggggg! I grab all the clothes that were everywhere on the floor. I sniff them all, and throw the dirty ones on my bed for me to wash later, and fold the smelling-fine-enough-to-wear-once-more pieces up and put them in my closet. Time to move on to my desk. It's covered with lose papers, pencils, books, bracelets and hair accessories. Why am I always so messy? I know, I should just clean everything up the minute I stop using it, but I'm to lazy for that.

I suddenly hear a knock on the door. I hear my mom's footsteps entering the corridor to answer it. I can't hear who it is, but I found out soon enough. My mom called my name and told me to come downstairs. I put the stack of papers I had created on my desk and ran down the stairs. When I entered the corridor, I looked right into Varian's face. What was that cute, smart friend of mine doing here?

"Varian?!" I said surprised, "Eh, hi." I looked in question at my mom. That was her que to leave. When she did, I looked right back at Varian with a soft smile on my face. "So, what are you doing here?" I asked. Varian smiled back at me, "Well, I was wondering if you could come with me on a trip to the forest. I have to get this ingredient for a potion I'm making, and I'd rather not go alone." He explained. My eyes widened. He wants me to come with him? I felt my cheeks burning up, but I didn't want them to. His dreamy blue eyes kept staring at me, waiting for me to answer. I cleared my throat. "Eh, yeah sure, I'll go with you." I said, "If my mom's okay with it hehe." Varian's face lighted up by my answer, and he nodded. "Of course, I'll wait here."

After I had a discussion with my mother, who first didn't want me to go into the woods, but later agreed, I walked back to Varian. He asked me what her answer was the minute I walked back into the corridor, and I told him she said it was fine, but that I had to be back before dark. Varian told me that would be no problem. He knew the exact way to the thing he needed, I was just going to be his company for a few hours.

I walked back up the stairs, to get some stuff packed for the trip. I definitely had to change, since I was wearing a casual short dress. If I keep wearing that, my legs would be completely cut open at the end of the trip, from all the branches and bushes on the way. And it might also be a little too cold. So, I grabbed long pants that were colored brown, a black t-shirt and a dark-green sweater, for the cold. I gathered some stuff that I thought might come in handy on this trip. Like my pocketknife, or some food that I grabbed when I was downstairs again. I put on my boots, stood up and looked at Varian.