The Beginning

My first fanfic! I hope you'll give it a chance at least to the part 3 ending since it's when things get more into what the journey is :) story including Mason's mysterious roommate, wizard hunters, deep magic in later chapters, secret societies & multiverses, love triangle or square maybe lol, Selena Gomez and Alex Russo MEET, maybe marvel superhero stuff mixed in and whatever else I'll come up with. You can also request cameos or whatever you want! This is meant to be a fun space. ok MOVING ON vvvvvvv

You would not believe how jumpy I feel right now. Mason and I got into NYU Art school! It seems like just yesterday we met freshman year at Tribeca Prep in art class, him handing me the dropped paintbrush that wasn't mine, just so he could talk to me. Ugh he is so cute. But definitely not cause' of his accent. Girls see right through that (no they don't).

Anyway, we've been through so much since then and I can't wait to start this new journey with him

I will miss my family though.

Justin is busy managing WizTech and studying under the supervision of Professor Crumbs, to eventually take his place full time. I'm so insanely proud of him. And Max... well Max is Max. He's started managing the Sub Station and the customers love him for whatever reason. So I guess he's happy. We're all happy- at the same time!! It's kind of surreal.

Oh- I almost forgot to mention! Harper is going to the same school as Mason and I as well! She'll be in the fashion design department! It's her dream. I'm super glad that we get to keep living together.

————

"Bye Mom! Bye dad!" I say my final goodbyes before heading out.

"Bye honey! So proud of you mi hija!" Mom gives me a warm hug. Dad looks like he's about to cry.

"Remember to hold off using magic for only the essentials. You should have a normal college experience!"

Dad has mentioned this a billion times. It's definitely etched in my brain....

But COME ON! I'm an all powerful wizard goddess. How could I not use magic??? And of course, I'd be more 'responsible' with it.
Staying away from any unknown spells and all... we all know how that went the last time. (The orange couch still doesn't smoosh the same as before my former evil side obliterated it to pieces).

I should probably try to forget about that though 😬. I feel more mature now. I feel...more grown up- on my terms.

"Bye!!!" I spark some confetti from my fingertips as a last goodbye hurrah and I'm off!

————
Arriving to campus with a flurry of other freshman, everything feels so new. I head straight to where the dorms are- Harper should be there already!

I step into the hallways and to room 130B. No freaking way. 13 and a B? Really?

Yeaaahhh... Forget it

I unlock the door and am welcomed by an ecstatic Harper Finkle. We hug and squeal, jumping up and down.

"You're HERE! WE'RE here!!!"

"I KNOW!!!" I look around and suddenly notice the amazing, a little Harperized, decorated room

"I KNOW!!!" I look around and suddenly notice the amazing, a little Harperized, decorated room. No wonder she came here a few days before to set up the place. It looks so good! Heart shaped golden lights hanging from the ceiling, two twin beds with a double desk in the center, a bean bag, art posters from some of my favorites, and a tv projector! We can watch movies on the CEILING now. Ahh! I just love it. Harper plops down onto her quilted bed, made from some of her old eccentric dresses.

"Soooo school starts tomorrow. You and Mason have the same classes?" Harper curiously asks me.

"As far as I know, yeah. He's focusing more on animal styled art though." I let out a little laugh. I still remember how he wanted to paint me as a chihuahua that one time. "I'm doing more of a creative abstract expression and graphic design. I might want to work for some edgy brands in the future."
"I could totally see you doing that."
Harper is so supportive.
"Yep so....did you meet any cute guys yet?" I give her a playful nudge.
"OH MY GOD ALEX WE JUST GOT HERE-"
"And?"
We share a laugh.
"How about we just chill for today so we're ready for tomorrow."
"Yess please. SLEEP TIME."
"Maybe some Netflix too."
"Might be our last chance. Tomorrow the studying begins!"

I got a text from Mason

Hey, love how are you settled in? I met my roommate and he's... well a bit much but he is from the UK as well so I guess we have something in common. Come stop by whenever! I'm in room 210A

I thought about it but decided to chill with my bestie. I was pretty tired and didn't want to meet anyone new.
Me and Harper watched some random zombie movie with Selena Gomez in it (which Harper INSISTS I'm a doppelgänger of, but I don't see it), I dozed off in my new bed and room midway through.