Introductions

Seri emerged triumphantly into the underground parking lot. She had done it. She could officially add 'Yoon Seri, Chairwoman of Queen's Group' to her title.

The shareholder's meeting she came from had gone smoothly... barring the betrayed glares from the front row seat comprising of her dearest family members, of course.

Her day had just begun, however. Seri checked her phone – just in enough time to make it to the Seri's Choice product launch event across town. She held up her car key and pressed the unlock button, looking for the corresponding flash of lights from her SUV.

"What? What's this?" Seri gasped when she caught sight of her windscreen. It was smeared with an impressive amount of broken eggs. She turned to her bodyguard of the day (notably not one Ri Jeong-hyeok), who looked just as surprised.

The elation from the shareholder's meeting leaked out of her like a deflating balloon. "What kind of timing is this?" she muttered, circling her car. She would have to order another car, otherwise she wouldn't make it to the event in time. Could it have been one of her brothers? Even they weren't as immature as this. If it was one of Sang-u's crazy fans, they went to a lot of effort to find out where Seri was and to do the deed unseen. She turned to the bodyguard. "Find out who did this."

He nodded. "I'll do my best, Yoon Seri daepyonim." It wasn't that he was unprofessional or uncaring, but somehow the way he replied felt inadequate.

Seri opened an app on her phone and had just confirmed her pickup location when she heard someone coming up behind her.

"What happened here?" Seri would recognise Se-hyung's voice anywhere. She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose before turning around.

Indeed, her brother and his wife Ko Sang-a stood staring with obvious satisfaction at Seri's windshield. "Why did you let them through?" Seri hissed at her bodyguard, who stood docilely next to her.

"Excuse me, Yoon Seri daepyonim... isn't he your brother?"

"Exactly," Seri sighed.

"Your security doesn't seem so reliable now," Ko Sang-a said. Always with that smug look on her face.

"What kind of prank are you trying to pull here with Gu Seung-jung?" Se-hyung asked indignantly. "I hope you're not serious about appointing him as CEO."

Right. Seri was meeting Gu Seung-jung to finalise the appointment later today. A notification came up on her phone letting her know that her car would be arriving soon. Seri perked up in relief and gestured to the bodyguard. "I have my own reasons. Not everything revolves around you, Se-hyung oppa. I have another event to attend now – it was nice to catch up." With that she gave them a tight-lipped smile and hurried off to where her car was waiting.

Once inside, she collapsed with relief into the backseat. At least it didn't seem like Se-hyung had been the one to egg her car. Him and his wife had looked too happily surprised to have planned it. That meant it was probably Cha Sang-u's fan who had been stalking her. Seri would have to do something about that. It didn't seem worth it to deal with his fans in addition to how news of her private life might affect her standing at Queen's Group.

Her phone beeped. It was a message from Gu Seung-jung asking if she could move the meeting time earlier since something had come up for him. Seri sighed. It seemed like she wouldn't be getting any breaks today. She replied him with the time and location of the Seri's Choice event and said that they could talk there instead.

At the mall, Seri made a quick pit stop to the ladies' room to check her makeup. She had dressed in an all-white skirt suit set and stilettos today, along with bright red lips to make a statement at the Queen's Group meeting that morning. Satisfied to find her lip line as crisp as she had left it, Seri quickly topped up her lipstick and made her way to their flagship store.