𝖎.𝖝𝖝 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖑 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you, I'm Haven-" Haymitch waved his hand, cutting her off. "Yeah, yeah. Anyone in Panem whose not blind and deaf knows who you are sweetie." Haven chuckled at the man's drunken demeanor.

"Bartender! Get blondie over here a martini." He called, and the bartender set down a crystal glass in front of Haven. "Am I allowed to drink this? You're supposed to be 18." She questioned. "You're a Victor. Nobody is going to tell you no. And why would you pass up free booze." Haymitch said, finishing his drink.

"Have a nice night. Loosen up, have some fun. And finish that drink!" Haymitch called over his shoulder as he drunkenly stumbled away.

Haven took a sip of the drink, the liquid initially burning her throat. She continued to sip it, the burning sensation eventually going away; Haven finished the drink, setting the glass on a nearby table.

The girl felt a tap on her shoulder, and she jumped, whipping her head around, finding Finnick smirking at her. "Wimp." He teased. "Maybe if you stopped sneaking up on me like that." She responded. "I would. Except it's too much fun." He laughed, Haven flicking him on the arm.

"Isn't this party just delightful! So exquisite." Finnick said in a mock Capitol accent. "Oh it's simply divine!" Haven responded in a similar accent.

Finnick let out a laugh. "Let's see if we can try every food here. C'mon Hav." Finnick said, pulling the girl over to the buffet tables. Haven giggled, nodding her head.

The pair stuffed their mouths with every food imaginable, from flaky pastries, to savory meats, creamy cheeses, and everything in between. "We only made it through two tables and I'm so stuffed I can barely move." Haven groaned, sitting on a nearby bench next to Finnick. "I don't think I'll need to eat for another week after this." Finnick said, loosening his tie.

"Care to dance?" Finnick asked. "Sure. But only if you don't mind me stepping on your feet." They walked onto the dance floor. Finnick grasped one of her hands in his, placing the other on the small of her back, Haven doing the same.

The pair moved along with the music, Finnick groaning each time Haven stepped on his toes in her heels. "Damn Cleary, you're awful at this. A blind cow could do better than you." He teased. "Hey! I warned you. You got yourself into this one Fin."

A few songs passed, when Haven saw a familiar face out of the corner of her eye. The rest of her mentors stood there, all dressed in elegant gowns and suits. "Can I cut in?" Collin asked, Finnick obliging. "Careful, she'll multilate your feet." He said. "Oh, shut up Odair." She called over her shoulder.

"Having fun princess?" Collin asked. "Yes, once the Capitol leeches left me alone." She whispered, so none of them would overhear. "Ah, yes. They can be quite annoying. Correction, extremely annoying." He grinned, Haven laughing.

Mallory led the group off the dance floor a couple minutes later, taking them out onto a balcony overlooking the garden. An Avox came by, handing each of them a flute of champagne.

Haven's mind flashed back to the night before her games, when she and Spencer stood around with their mentors, as they gave a toast. She remembered in that moment all she wanted was to make it back to those people who had become her second family. A smile spread across Haven's lips, for once something she'd wished for had come true.

"I think I speak for all of us when I saw I'm extremely proud of you. I know this tour was difficult for you, but you got through it gracefully." Mallory said.

"To Haven!" Sebastian called, everyone raising their glasses, and gulping down their drinks.

// author's note
so i literally had to write this chapter twice because i'm dumb and accidentally deleted it the first time. anyways this chapter was fun to write even though i had to do it twice :)
thank you SO much for reading! this story is now #2 in district4 AND #12 in katnisseverdeen. crazyyy i literally didn't think anyone would read it.
feel free to leave some comments (they make my day) or vote!
- a <3
ps: this was the inspo for haven's dress!

 feel free to leave some comments (they make my day) or vote!- a <3ps: this was the inspo for haven's dress!