"Tumpak ka dyan girl!

Then after the girl said that, I heard them leaving the ladies' restroom. I took a deep whiff as they left. How can they be so harsh? Why would they have to say such things like that? Was it because they saw me with Sanjie?

I don't want to cry. I don't have to believe in every word they say about me. I know myself more than they and I believe in myself.

So I decided to go out of the ladies lavatory and should go back to my classroom because the teacher might look for me. I inhaled and exhaled and went out of the cubicle. I make sure that no one was in the restroom and instantly left the restroom. But before I could start to walk, someone spoke behind me. I looked back and was amazed to see Sanjie leaning on the wall while his hands were in his pockets.

He looked at me and smiled at me, so I smiled at him, awkwardly. He then began walking towards me.

"Like you, I heard what those girls said about you when they were still there." He let out.

I didn't reply. I didn't know he was here outside and eavesdropping on those girls too. I was weak because they said something that couldn't increase my dignity.

I was shocked when he pulled me to him and hugged me. Oh. My. Gosh!

"Don't heed them. For me, you're beautiful. You'll always be beautiful in my eyes." He whispered.

My heart began thumping. I feel like my heart's exploding because of what he said just now.

"Cheer up Aniah! Believe me when I say you're beautiful because you are." He proceeded.

I halted and recall what Sander said when we were kids. Sanjie said the precise words that Sander told me before.

"W-Why are you here?" I asked. Altering the subject.

"Because I saw you. You were averting girls because you don't want them to assault you. I'm sorry, Aniah."

"W-Why...are you apologizing?" I utterly asked him.

"They're talking shit about you and that's because of me." He replied.

I can feel his integrity but he shouldn't be apologetic because it wasn't his fault.

"It wasn't your fault, so you shouldn't have to apologize. It's fine if they talk about me." I said.

He shook his head. "It's not fine with me. You did nothing wrong and I repent for resulting in your trouble."

I was quiet. I don't know what to say. I don't want him to blame himself just because of this. He was just being polite and today, he wasn't anticipating that this could happen.

I heard him sigh. "Let me make it up to you today. I don't want you to feel bad, so let's eat at the cafeteria, my treat!"

"Today? You mean, now na?" I asked.

He nodded. I would love to but I still need to go back to my classroom because I do speculate that my teacher's already looking for me, and it's because I'm left for about twenty minutes.

I was about to speak when he grabbed my wrist and the next thing I knew was, we were both walking. I wanted to reject but no words came out of my mouth. He was still holding my wrist while walking and I was following him.

As we were ratified by the hallway, people gazed at us. Most of them were girls and I wanted to conceal somewhere because they were lending me glares. Who wouldn't be? I'm with the Sanjie Wilhelm Pangilinan.

Others were surprised to see us together and worst, Sanjie's holding my wrist. It was their first time to see him holding someone else's wrist, that's why they're overreacting. But, most of them started whispering as to why we're together and asking if he and I are in a relationship.