Chapter One

A/N: Hey everyone! I'm making another x Reader book (which is this one, 😂). And actually, I've never written something like how this book is going to be.

So, I ask you all, please bear with me!

I'm also thinking about having the chapter pictures being art for this book (I'm not sure yet).

——————————————————————

Y/N's POV

September, 2019, New York City, New York

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

I groaned, trying to smack my alarm clock away from my ear. Sometimes I wonder why it thinks it can wake me up in the middle of a dream.

Like, honestly, how many times have you been woken up by your alarm clock in the middle of a dream? For example, my dream was about this one guy, and I was about to see his face for the first time. From where I stood (which was behind him) he had super curly hair.

I fucking hate alarm clocks.

Anywho, I managed to shut it off (and I may have threw it across the room in the process). I slowly opened my (E/C) eyes, grateful for the sun reducing curtains I had.

I slowly, but surely, pushed myself onto my elbows so I could take in my surroundings. Of course, I was in my room at my parents house in New York. I squinted my eyes, trying to see what was near my door.

I then realized that it was my suitcases that I had packed for college, as I would be settling in my dorm at the end of the day. I let out a relieved sigh, as I thought it was some monster of some sort. I then fell onto my pillow, slowly falling back to sleep.

~Timeskip~

"Y/N!!!!! I swear to god you better be up!!!!" I heard my mother scream. I grumbled, not wanting to get up.

'Oh shit...' I thought, jumping out of my bed and immediately falling onto the floor.

"Shit, shit, shit." I muttered, struggling to find my way around my dark room.

Curse these sun reducing curtains.

I somehow managed to find the light switch, even if I had to sacrifice a few of my toes to my bed frame. I quickly flipped the switch and started to get ready. I quickly threw on a Harry Potter shirt and some jean shorts before looking through my suitcase.

"Okay, okay. I think I have everything. If I don't, then I can easily drive back here." I muttered to myself, closing and then grabbing my suitcase and my flute case.

And yes, before you ask, I do play the flute. But just so you know, it can also be used as a weapon if needed.

My mom was in the kitchen, making breakfast for my siblings and herself. I walked in the kitchen, sleep still itching my eyes. I let out a small yawn, which made my mother turn around.

She gave me a glare, "You told me you would wake up to your alarm." She crossed her arms and tipping her head a bit.

"Yeah, well, it was being a jerk and decided to interrupt my dream." I let out a soft growl of annoyance. I placed my stuff by the door before walking back into the kitchen.

My mom raised an eyebrow before going back to making breakfast. "Tyler! Mia! Breakfast!" She barked, grabbing a plate and quickly putting pancakes onto it.

There was some toast on the table, so I quickly grabbed a piece before my siblings came down.

Tyler came down first. He was 16, going to be 17 in a few days. He had black hair with a slight curl to it. He had the same (E/C) as me, but other than that, we physically had nothing in common.

A few seconds later, our younger sister, Mia, barreled down the stairs and almost ran into Tyler. She was a 14 year old who had the energy of a 6 year old. Her (H/C) was the same as mine, but her eyes were a deep shade of blue, as if you were staring into the darkest part of the ocean.

"Mom, I'm going to head out. I still have a bit to do before I can go into my dorm." I said, taking a quick bite of my toast.

"Y/N, come on, sit and eat with us before you leave." My mother stated, glancing up at me.

I gave her a shrug, "I'm sorry mom, but I need to do this stuff first." I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and ruffled both of my siblings hair, which I earned a smack on the arm from both.

Grinning, I grabbed my stuff and made my way towards my car.

I already had most of my stuff in my car, so I threw my suitcase and my flute into the front seat. I then made my way to the drivers side and got in.

I relaxed for a bit before grabbing my phone and plugging it into the AUX cord.

And like any sane person, I immediately turned the Hamilton soundtrack on.

As I pulled out of the driveway, I was already jamming to Nonstop.

'And now, into the unknown.' I thought as I hummed Alex's part in the beginning of the song.

886 Words

Okay, probably one of the shortest chapters I've written, but it'll be like this for a little bit 😊.