39 / 三十九 / san-jyu-kyu

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know the girls' shorts are that short," Sakusa eyed her shorts. She was wearing long knee pads to cover her thighs, but you can still tell that her shorts are slightly shorter than the boys'.

"I know," She also eyed her shorts.

"Um, do we play 2v1..?" Kageyama awkwardly asked.

Sakusa called Komori and he jogged to them. He was slightly surprised when Shirome nodded to him.

"Go join him," Sakusa told Kageyama before staying at the side of the court where Shirome is at.

All of the players got confused when they stared at the four. And most of all, they were playing with a girl.

The 2v2 was going smoothly. Komori was receiving Sakusa's light spikes, Kageyama was spiking his tosses, Shirome was often receiving but mostly tossing for Sakusa. The coaches hummed in interest at them.

"Oi, Miya!" A slightly small guy yelled at a blonde who wasn't staring, he was too close to the court.

Shirome dashed to the edge of the court and jumped, she gave Sakusa a high and fast backward toss, and that earned them a point.

His eyes widened as he froze. The girl slightly bowed apologetically to him and went back to the court.

"Woah," He mumbled, eyes stuck on the girl.

"Be aware of your surroundings," The guy from earlier narrowed his eyes at him.

"Sorry, Kourai-kun," He sheepishly smiled before watching the four again.

"She's good," Miya hummed beside Kourai.

The smaller boy crossed his arms and watched the girl with squinted eyes, "Hmp, I wonder if she's better than me."

"You can join them if you'd like," A coach popped up from behind them, shocking them with the offer.

The two looked at each other then to the coach, "We're allowed?" Miya asked him.

"Of course, you got time left anyway," He kindly smiled.

Miya and Kourai approached the four, asking if they could join. Sakusa frowned and was about to tell them no, but Komori already told them that they're welcome. Kageyama looked away when Shirome caught him looking.

"Oi, not here. I already have her as my setter," Sakusa narrowed his eyes at Miya. Kourai just stared at them, not knowing which group to join.

"Kiyoomi-senpai, please don't be harsh. He can join us. It won't hurt to have another setter," Shirome offered him a sweet smile.

He turned away when Miya shot him a sarcastic smile, "Fine."

"Ah, you can join Tobio's group," Shirome turned to Kourai with a kind smile.

His eyes widened and he straightened his posture, "Right!"

Kourai got to the middle of Kageyama and Komori, Miya stood by Sakusa's right side.

"Ain't that unfair? Ya guys have a setter, a spiker, and a libero," Miya pouted jokingly. Kageyama just blinked in confusion, not knowing how to respond.

"Are you underestimating us?" Sakusa bluntly asked the blonde.

"Hm, we'll see," He hummed.

The other players watched in awe, both teams are really good. All of them are in sync and they played along really well.

Komori received Sakusa's spike from Miya's toss and gave it to Kageyama. Once he tossed the ball for Hoshiumi, Sakusa and Miya jumped to block.

Shirome smiled when she saw how Kourai jumped. It was a really high apex–and not to mention his posture is at ease. His mid-air form is beautiful.

He spiked it on their fingertips and sent the ball flying to the back of the court.

"One touch!" Miya slightly huffed.

Shirome swiftly received the ball with one hand and sent it to Miya. Sakusa's eyes widened when the toss didn't come for him as he jumped, but rather for Shirome who was still recovering at the back.

"Idiot–"

Miya smirked and sent a high toss. He was testing her.

Kageyama just smirked secretly. He can't wait for the other setter's reaction. Kourai watched with sharp eyes.

The girl was unfazed and came for the toss. Her shoes made a sharp squeak and she pushed herself up in the air.

Left hand pulled back, she spiked it to the end line.

All of their eyes widened when Komori wasn't able to receive it. It was too fast and heavy, he turned to the girl with wide eyes.

"That was sudden," She huffed.

"Nice kill," Sakusa high fived her.

"Nice toss," She chirped at Miya who was slightly frozen. Almost all the people in the gym were surprised at the stunt she pulled.

The coaches laughed and clapped, "Nice back attack."

Woooah. Miya mentally grinned.

Miya smiled widely, "That was a really nice spike! You think so too, right, Omi-kun?" He turned to the bored Sakusa.

"Of course it is. And stop calling me that," He rolled his eyes at him.

The blonde put his hands infront of her asking for high fives. She smiled and responded.

"I'm Atsumu Miya," He cheekily grinned.

"Shirome Furumi," She said.

"Stop talking in the middle of a game," Sakusa glared at Atsumu who just mockingly saluted and went back to his position.

The six on court continued to play against each other as the players watched with ineterest. The coaches were taking mental notes regarding the players. Kourai was staying sharp for Shirome.

This is kind of fun. Shirome mentally smiled.

hi there 👁👁 please dont be a silent reader, i love to read comments–good or bad. ♡