32 / 三十二 / san-jyu-ni

Chapter 32, Prove

THIRD POV

(a/n: sorry if half of this chapter isnt anything about haikyuu characters, this chapter i'll show how trauma impacts shirome, dw next chapter we get dem bois)

From: Unkown Number

5:32 PM

HEY HEY HEYYYYY! i got ur number from onaga bc i didnt get to have it before, hey wanna hang out later at 7??? >:]

Shirome jolted in surprise and immediately saved his contact. She excused herself from the team and texted outside. A bead of sweat rolled down the side of her face, confusing her. Since she felt cold.

To: Kowltarou ♡|

She hesitated.

To: Kowltarou ☆

5:33 PM

Keiji, tell him I'm busy.

From: Kowltarou ☆

I will, Shiro.

To: Kowltarou ☆

5:33 PM

Thank you.

From: Kowltarou ☆

5:36 PM

eh??? akaashi just snatched my phone from me, shiro how did u know akaashi is here???

To: Kowltarou ☆

5:37 PM

I felt his soul over the screen.

She snickered.

From: Kowltarou ☆

5:38 PM

shiro, ur rlly scary

To: Kowltarou ☆

5:37 PM

ure*

From: Kowltarou ☆

5:38 PM

:[

To: Kowltarou ☆

5:39 PM

Just text me where we'll hang out and I'll see if I can go, bring Keiji if you want. I'll go back to practice, see you Kou.

The small captain sighed and turned her phone off. She got back to the gym and continued practicing with the team. They were really working extra hard since elimination for girls' Nationals is a few months away. Not to mention for Shirome, she's got a lot of work to do before and after when special training camps arrive. Her parents wanted her to go to two places to gather files and give some. It was a duty she can't just avoid.

I'll clear my schedule first before I hang out with them. She thought as she tossed a ball to Kira.

She sighed quietly, feeling the nervousness kicking in. The thought of her parents not allowing her to use some spare time to hang out with friends, made her anxious. She bit her lip as she continued to play with messy thoughts. Ameri noticed this and threw a ball to Shirome's side. The small setter caught it and stared at it intently.

"Shi-chan, you okay?" Ameri asked her, making the team look with concern and curiosity.

"Yeah," She mumbled with a dizzy head and went to grab the balls that strayed away from the court.