Chapter 4

Cameron was headed across town to help his friend Rob McCray with some yard work his dad needed to be done. Any other time, Cameron would probably have turned him down. Rob's yard was huge, but Cameron was broke, and Rob's dad paid well.

There was also the fact that Cameron had been neglecting his friends lately. He had been spending a lot of time with Andra, and the guys he hung out with were starting to notice. They had been giving him a hard time about it. He couldn't seem to get her out of his head though.

When they first met he had found her attractive and interesting. She was much more high maintenance than the girls he was used to dating though. Add to that how obsessive she was about social media and Youtube and Cameron found himself a little at odds with his feelings.
He wasn't even on Twitter.

He realized some of her attention to that type of thing wasn't unusual. Almost everyone he knew had one if not more social media pages, but he had just never had any interest in it. The idea of messaging people when he could call them anytime he wanted, or swiping through pictures online that he had already seen just didn't appeal to him. He really couldn't relate to Andra's obsession with it.

The longer they talked though, the more he realized he really just enjoyed being around her. They could talk for hours about anything, and he loved how passionate she was about her favorite subjects. She possessed an infectious optimism that just drew people to her and he was no exception.

Cameron's only problem at this point was that he had no idea how she felt about him. They spent a lot of time together, but Andra was new here, and it wasn't like she had other options at the moment. He had taken her to Taylor's with him the night before when their party plans had fallen through. She had met a few people there, but he was still her only real friend in town.

It was their night out together that he kept going over in his mind. Andra had been so excited when Cameron had told her about the house on Pinewood Drive, and the ghost of Savannah Miles. She expected him to help her get into the house, and possibly talk to people around town about it. As badly as he wanted to be able to make that happen for her he had no idea how to get it done. Nobody in Inglewood liked to think about that house much less the death connected to it. He had serious doubts that anyone would agree to be filmed while discussing it.

He pulled up in Rob's driveway still thinking it over. After knocking and getting no answer, he tried the knob. Finding it unlocked, he opened the door and stuck his head inside.

"Hello." He called out.

He knew Rob would be alone today. His dad was out of town for the weekend, and his mom usually spent her Saturdays shopping in Bedfield, a town over from Inglewood.

"I'm in here," Rob yelled from somewhere in the back of the house.

Closing the door behind him Cameron headed toward the sound of his friend's voice.

The cozy interior smelled like the mulberry scented candle Mrs. McCray was burning, and the hardwood floors were so clean they shone. The McCrays had the kind of house where Cameron was always afraid to touch anything for fear he would break or smudge something.

He moved down the hallway past the large dining room, and into the kitchen. The floors here were the same dark hardwood. The cabinets were done in white with black marble countertops, a stainless steel refrigerator, and a stove. There was a large island in the middle of the room with the same black marble countertop. Sitting perched atop a stool that looked almost comically small for his friend's burly frame was Rob. He was wolfing down a large slice of what looked to be day-old pepperoni pizza.

"Hey man. I'm almost ready just eating breakfast." He said waving the pizza in Cameron's direction as evidence.

Rob played linebacker for their high school football team, the Inglewood Warriors, and it wasn't hard to see why. Rob was six feet tall and weighed two hundred and eighty pounds. His arms and legs looked roughly the size of small tree trunks. Cameron knew even though Rob was intimidating his looks were deceiving. He was a real teddy bear. The guy didn't have an enemy, and he'd help anyone who needed it.