Chapter 38

"Alright people." Andra started after hearing the familiar click that told her that they had gone live. "As you can see we're changing things up a little. Due to the weather I've been informed that we're gonna be here awhile. As you've seen we've already experienced a great deal of activity tonight. I'm gonna change gears here for a minute. It's storytime. We've been keeping an eye on your comments as promised and we've had a lot of questions about where we are. So here goes."

She looked away from the camera for just a second. her eyes met Cameron's and he gave her a thumbs up. Turning back to the camera she started again.

"I'm standing in the home of a teenage girl named Savannah Miles. To be more precise I'm standing in the foyer of her home in the exact spot where she died. If you search Savannah online, you won't find much about her. Especially not in her hometown papers. Savannah's death was ruled accidental by the coroner, but my friends and I have come across some information suggesting that Savannah was murdered. We're hoping by being here and telling her story tonight that maybe we can put a spotlight on her case and help Savannah receive the justice she deserves."

Suddenly Andra could hear Theo through her headset. "Andra we've got activity in Savannah's room."

"Ok, guys someone just cut in to let me know that we have activity. Let's go take a look at what you guys at home are seeing."

Andra made her way into the living room with Cal following close behind using the camera's light to see in the dark house. Theo was standing at the table staring intently down at the monitors.

"So what have we got Theo?"

Theo ran the video back thirty seconds and then enlarged the image of the room into full screen. As Andra watched a dark shadow figure moved into the room and then slowly onto the bed as if it were sitting. Small orbs shot around the room even after the figure winked out of existence.

"That's not all," she said hitting a few keys and bringing up the video streaming from the office. She repeated the process of running back the video and then enlarging the screen. Andra could see flashes of light in the room from the storm outside. The rain blowing in through the broken window was visible even bathed in the green and black glow of the night vision camera. She was unsure of what Theo had wanted her to see until she noticed the large heavy mahogany desk sliding slowly toward the camera. Andra's mouth dropped open.

"How heavy is that thing?"

"I have no idea." Theo answered. "but either way it's too heavy for it to be the wind causing that."

"Guys," Owen said in a shaky voice. "You might want to take a look at this. We're picking something up on the Kinect camera too."

They all turned toward the second monitor. Owen had thrown it to the main screen so the people watching at home could see it. There was the outline of a figure at the bottom of the stairs laying in a prone position."

"Oh crap." she heard Theo whisper in a shaky voice from behind her. "That's where she died isn't it."

"Yeah," Andra answered. A shiver ran through her as she watched the small green figure twitch and then blink in and out of existence. This is not happening she thought to herself.

"I think we should spread out and try to document as much of this as possible," Owen said.

"I agree," Andra said. "I want to keep you on the monitors down here. We can set Cal's camera up in the foyer. I want him and Theo to check out Savannah's room. That is if you guys are comfortable with that?" Theo looked over at Cal and they both gave her a thumbs up at the same time. "Good. Cameron and I will stay at the foot of the stairs. We need to get her story out."